My New Baby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New Baby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am awaiting shipment of a 2003 WRX from a seller in London England. is there any power differences? option ...

Question My New Baby

I am awaiting shipment of a 2003 WRX from a seller in London England. is there any power differences? option availability on it? ECT ECT or is it identicle to the US version?
    ZillA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. the search function is a good tool for this site.

i'm not sure of the difference's between the usdm and edm WRX, but i'm pretty sure the EDM is a little better.

i lucked out on unfortunately someone elses demise. this guys father in law died and him and his wife are liquidating the estate. i am purchasing this car with 15k on it for 5000 bucks. and they are paying the shipping. i hope it's not going to curse me.
    ZillA

wow.... that is the best deal i have ever heard of. consider yourself very lucky.

dude i haven't slept for days i'm so excited about. i cannot wait to get my hands on it i have been saving up that money to use as a downpayment for one but i was having trouble finding a 03 ( i hate the new head lights, they look too much like every other japanese import) with low miles and then this one falls into my lap and i can pay it all off in cash. and my girlfriend and i can begin building out first show car. i do not think i will sleep until it gets here and probably not for another month after it comes. i can see it now i'll be cheating on my girlfriend for midnight rendez-vous avec ma cherise. hopefully this car will end up insome magazine and win some shows. i have some friends that attend lincoln tech to take car of the motor. and my tattoo artist to air brush the car.
    ZillA

are you sure,this is not a scam? they are paying for shipping. i think shipping would cost like 5k for a car. is like they are giving the car away for free. if it's true, that's a freaking deal of a lifetime. i would like to congratulate you on finding one.
    Last edited by creditcards; 09-21-2005 at 12:29 AM.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

im a little nervous about a scam. but we're handling the payment through square trade and western union. i have his name and adress and square trade (the Ebay handlers) has his SS# i had a frien scammed on ebay and square trade got him his money back and if it went to legal matters they provide witness to the transaction. i hope to god its not a scam but i researched all aspects of the purchase took me 4 days but i feel pretty confident about it. and to find one driven by an old man, i will be bold and assume he didn't dog out the motor. honestly you can't wipe the smile off of my face. i have been off-roading in my truck for the past 4 years and im ready to hit the streets again. it was fun having a big ol truck and going anywhere but all too often i found my self borrowing my mothers jetta for a quick thrill ride to satify my need for speed. 100 on dirt just isn't 130 on a back road straight or clawing through a long bend.
    ZillA

yeah, i hope it's not a scam as well,man. it just sounds to damn good to be true. good luck,man.
    I call our true identies
    Ill take it from here

if it is i will be up s***'s creek. i sold my truck to buy it and have money to start the mods immediately. im riding DC metro every day and riding a bike in the mean time
    ZillA

so,when are they shipping the car?
    I call our true identies
    Ill take it from here

the car is in storage at heathrow intl airport in a square trade holding lot. and i have the check from my car clearing at the bank. the hold on the check is up on thursday i'll wire a 2grand as a deposit then then square trade ships the car immediately 3-4 day air cargo transport it comes in a crate to my doorstep. once i get the car i have a week to check it out and make sure its all gravy then i wire the balance of 3 grand. i feel bad letting this guy sell me the car for so cheap and pay the shipping right after his father died and all he is grieving and has no idea what kind of deal he is giving me or he just doesnt care. maybe he drives a bentley and this is just pocke change for him? all i know is I WIN!
    ZillA

maybe the father in law died in the car thats why its so cheap
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    maybe the father in law died in the car thats why its so cheap
    i don't think that **** is funny at all.
    I call our true identies
    Ill take it from here

SCAM... there are no SS numbers in England... so how could they have HIS?...

This is the common scam, "I moved out of state/I live out of the country, and want to get rid of my car just to get rid of it..."...

I could almost put all my savings down on this to say its a scam... I bet the websites he sent you to for Squaretrade were FAKE... they may have linked to the front pages of fairtrade but HIS website holds links/registration info/et cetera that just provide him the information and run the protocols to make it seem legit... Heathrow? why would it be in storage @ heathrow... if he can just ship it from his place in a crate?... thats not escrow... and if you asked to use your own escrow service, I KNOW he would reply with a "no, we need to use mine" aka "my escrow service is a fake website which frauds you and gets you to wire me money from western union with NO recourse for getting $$ back"

sry, I just jumped over from another forum because i had a friend who was taken by this for a sizeable amount of cash...

ON THE OTHER HAND...

If its legit, GREAT AWESOME.

P.s. I am glad to see that 3sxperformance does WRX Evo stuff and not just my platform (3kgt vr4s)now and they advertise here, AWESOME vendors

t
    :subscribes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast