My New Baby - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My New Baby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; good luck,man. i wish u the best. we are waiting to see that fine car of yours....

good luck,man. i wish u the best. we are waiting to see that fine car of yours.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wish you the best but i know a few that have got scamed as well my buddy lost $3,500 buying a Gsxr off Ebay never got a dime back
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by t
    :subscribes:
    ditto
    Regular pitbull with wings...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuage420
    the car is in storage at heathrow intl airport in a square trade holding lot.
    Square Trade have a holding lot at Heathrow?!

i'll wire a 2grand as a deposit then then square trade ships the car immediately
    I strongly suggest you use your own choice of escrow service, as this is almost certainly a scam.

3-4 day air cargo transport it comes in a crate to my doorstep.
    Exactly how much does shipping something 5 metres long, 3 wide, and 2 tall across the Atlantic on an aircraft cost? Who is going to take care of the import and reg. documentation, and how is anyone to know the car meets US req's?

i feel bad letting this guy sell me the car for so cheap and pay the shipping right after his father died and all he is grieving and has no idea what kind of deal he is giving me or he just doesnt care. maybe he drives a bentley and this is just pocke change for him? all i know is I WIN!
    I don't think he's grieving. I think you're being scammed. One could drive a truck much like the one you envision dropping off your new car through the story, the arrangements, the whole deal. I strongly suggest you re-think all this.

BTW there are numerous differences between the UK, the continental EDM, the "southern market" EDM, and US cars but since:

1. we don't know what model you're actually considering
    and of course
    2. the car does not exist

I won't bore you with the details.

If, on the other hand, you're just joking with us - and I assume you probably are - then well done, you got us going...
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-21-2005 at 08:16 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

::subscribes:: let the drama begin!

Seriously, this doesn't sound cool... most of these things are "too good to be true". if its totally legit, demand that you use your escrow service. Anything "overseas" over the internet is really really sketchy, especially through Ebay. I've been the victim of an attempted scam but the guy was way too obvious.

If he gave you links for the escrow service via email, DON'T DO IT.

And why on earth would he ship the car via air?? there's gotta be a cheaper method... much cheaper.

Let us know what happens!
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd

And why on earth would he ship the car via air?? there's gotta be a cheaper method... much cheaper.
    That's a good point. Cars are usually transported via cargo ship. Air freight is going to be incredibly expensive.

Don't the english drive on the other side of the car? Wont that be difficult to drive here in the states? 20 to 1 says scam.

Quote Originally Posted by t
    :subscribes:
    Yep. I want to see what happens.
    '04 PSM Stage 2 WRX Wagon

damn i am a total idiot. started to worry reading all this. i e-mailed this supposed sales rep guy and asked for a phone numer for a corperate office or to talk to someone about the process of money transfer and i am awaiting word. the email adress i recieved the invoice from was services@squaretrade.com and that checked out as a real company. i freakin sold my truck so i could afford this damn car i have no freakin car.
    ZillA

I Support ClubWRX
    Look, maybe I got too wordy in my previous response. Let me repeat the main, take-home point:

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    2. the car does not exist
    The whole story is absurd, and it's also the millionth time we've heard it. The country of origin changes (once, they even used my country instead of the UK) and the sad circumstances change, but the rest is standard.

In any case, since you've got money and you're shopping for an Impreza, here are two other choice cars in your price range, and both sellers use Square Trade:

STI for sale, is this a scam???

ebay Sti a scam?

Both are "in Europe" and neither story hold any more water than the one you were told, sorry.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-22-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuage420
    damn i am a total idiot. started to worry reading all this. i e-mailed this supposed sales rep guy and asked for a phone numer for a corperate office or to talk to someone about the process of money transfer and i am awaiting word. the email adress i recieved the invoice from was services@squaretrade.com and that checked out as a real company. i freakin sold my truck so i could afford this damn car i have no freakin car.
    today,is thursday. i suggest you get your money back or kiss it goodbye.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

well, it was a scam and i cannot thank you guys enough for bringing this to my ignorant attention. i can't begin to explain how simple i feel right now. but i owe y'all so much. looks like im buying the baby momma the PT Cruiser she wants. thank you guys so much really.
    ZillA

HEAVENS NO! don't get a PT. PLEASE.

Could you use the money from your truck and use it for a down payment on a new/used Subie?
    Dave
    01 RS

Peachypumpkincheeks

I think P.T. Barnum said it best:

"There's a sucker born every minute."

(Glad you found out in time. You sure are lucky this forum is so awesome and we always are lookin' out for eachother. Next time, do your research and you won't be a sucker!)
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12