dsm to wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dsm to wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend sold his 1g awd talon and bought an 02 wrx. What are the cheapest, basic mods he can ...

dsm to wrx

my friend sold his 1g awd talon and bought an 02 wrx. What are the cheapest, basic mods he can do to his car? We are used to the k&n, mbd, and exhaust and running mid 13's, what does he need to do to his wrx to get the same power?

thanks,

Mills
    fmic
    boost twister
    fuel
    afc
    big pipe out the back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maximumb00st
    my friend sold his 1g awd talon and bought an 02 wrx. What are the cheapest, basic mods he can do to his car? We are used to the k&n, mbd, and exhaust and running mid 13's, what does he need to do to his wrx to get the same power?

thanks,

Mills
    uppipe, turbo-back, and engine management are good for low 13s.

I suggest a utec piggyback or ecutek reflash for EM.

check the For sale section on this forum, or on www.nasioc.com. Go with used parts if you wanna save money. Or you can go with the ERZ uppipe,downpipe,and cat-back for very cheap brand new. i think it's like 120 for the uppipe and like 400 for the turbo back.

Lots of good info here. Look around in the performance area.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

You can go with a cobb stage 2 and you've already dramitclly increased your HP for a decent price(I think). Go with an uppipe after that. Whatever you do, don't go with a CAI first off and you don't need a BOV until you're pushing more than 20psi from the turbo. Also a turbo/IC switch shouldn't be too exepsnive for even more gains.

oh oh oh, forgot. Becareful running it in a straight line. The WRX is built to get beat a little, but the tranny isn't exactly set up for beatings just going straight at extreme high speeds, it's set up more for getting beat around at autoX and rallyX

I got in his car last night and was going through the gears....

i thought the tranny in my dsm felt weak, wow. I can see why you guys blow those trannys even from a 2nd gear roll
    fmic
    boost twister
    fuel
    afc
    big pipe out the back

Quote Originally Posted by maximumb00st
    I got in his car last night and was going through the gears....

i thought the tranny in my dsm felt weak, wow. I can see why you guys blow those trannys even from a 2nd gear roll
    yeah, they're not meant for a lot of abuse at high speeds in quick bursts. But they'll serve ya pretty well in a parking lot going around some cones. STi's a different story though.

I had plenty of DSM with the same mods you described. I have an 04 wrx now and I have the OEM uppipe gutted and running a downpipe. I also have an accessport. I am running a stage 2 map and the cars run about the same only the wrx is much smoother.
    04 PSM wagon Stg2

Quote Originally Posted by KGAWDTSi
    I had plenty of DSM with the same mods you described. I have an 04 wrx now and I have the OEM uppipe gutted and running a downpipe. I also have an accessport. I am running a stage 2 map and the cars run about the same only the wrx is much smoother.
    smoother yes, simply because its not putting down as much power. Blitzwinter and i raced before i retuned my car and we were dead even from a roll, he has ALOT more mods than a gutted cat and downpipe. At the track i ran a 13.1 he ran a 13.8
    fmic
    boost twister
    fuel
    afc
    big pipe out the back

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.