Fuel Questions

This is a discussion on Fuel Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do I really need to run 91 or higher octance in my 2004 WRX? It basically stock with an aftermarket ...

Fuel Questions

Do I really need to run 91 or higher octance in my 2004 WRX? It basically stock with an aftermarket muffler and a BOV that im taking off soon to put the stock one back on. I bought the car this way. It has 10,800 miles on it.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you read your manual???
    You need to run Premium because WRX engine is a high compression one and premium is used to prevent detonations, and it doesn't matter if you're stock or no.
    So unless you want to kill your engine sooner, you shold fill up with premium.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

the '05 manual says that 87 can be used temporarily in the absense of 91, but not longterm. I've been filling up with 93 mostly because around here is almost cheaper than the 91 at Sunoco stations, that and Sunoco stations are fairly uncommon.

yeah I read it,, just thought I heard someone say I could run 87..ok I'll be sure to use premium from now on. thanks.