Former F-bod guy checking in.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Former F-bod guy checking in. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sold my 11 sec. daily driven heads/cam SS a few months ago due to excessive street racing. Son was born, ...

Former F-bod guy checking in.

Sold my 11 sec. daily driven heads/cam SS a few months ago due to excessive street racing.
    Son was born, now I drive a grocery getter 9-2x.

So, I'm thinking Cobb AP and a QTP DownPipe with elec. cutout (I can keep the stock catback for quiet running and open the cutout for performance when needed).
    What do you all think? Just looking for a few extra ponies-these things are slow! hehe.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club!

Sad to hear about you selling the SS but you'll have fun w/ ur saabaru.
    Cobb Stage 2

the AP with stage 2 map and the QTP downpipe w/cutout would be nice. you would feel some great gains. That should put you in low to mid 13s with a good launch.

Thanks for the replies. I just need a few more ponies to keep me happy and those two mods seem very simple, straightforward and stealthy (the key to staying out of trouble is stealth).
    This wasn't too stealthy ;

I won't be drag racing in this car, but I will be attending a few lapping days at Homestead and Sebring HPDE days in it (I'm a 5 day Skip Grad and I've got to put some newfound skills to use- I'm sure to frequent the Roadracing Forum).

that camaro looked bad ass... congrats on the new ride .. have fun around here
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Congratz!

TurboXS makes a TBE call the Stealthback. I use it. Basically its a catless downpipe, cat-Midpipe, catless intermediate pipe, and the stock muffler/tip. So you get all of the advantages of a TBE, but it looks and sounds stock.

Add a catless Uppipe and a Cobb relfash and you'll be in the mid 13's.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Great info! Thanks.
    Got the Aero, Sport package.
    I took these pics a few months ago when I bought it:

And ynotajb, oh how I miss that SS, thanks.

Welcome! I like both you new and old cars! Def different driving styles!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Welcome!
    -Bruce

do you post over on clubrsx.com?

I remember seeing your car one time when I went over there to read some of their kill stories of the rsx taking out sti's w/ i/h/e That was a good laugh.

btw, Id recommend getting an up/downpipe(qtp is good if you want a cutout) and some sort of engine management. Cobb is easy to use but if you are able to get dynotuned ecutec or utec would yield even more gains. Or you can splurge and get a cobb streetuner, which will roughly end up around the price of a new utec.
    Last edited by roo21; 09-19-2005 at 04:25 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    do you post over on clubrsx.com?

I remember seeing your car one time when I went over there to read some of their kill stories of the rsx taking out sti's w/ i/h/e That was a good laugh.

btw, Id recommend getting an up/downpipe(qtp is good if you want a cutout) and some sort of engine management. Cobb is easy to use but if you are able to get dynotuned ecutec or utec would yield even more gains. Or you can splurge and get a cobb streetuner, which will roughly end up around the price of a new utec.
    Thanks for the advice! And yes, that was me over at clubrsx. The RSX with Hondata 4 and bolt-ons is rather impressive for what it is (I wouldn't own one), but yes, some of the RSX guys over there are a little optimistic as to who (and more importantly what) they can beat. Kill stories by "RoLLinTypes" being the funniest to read.

yea rollintypes has some good posts . I dont post over there, just lurk. There are some funny topics though. There are a lot more suby owners on that forum now and I figure one more is just too much.
    Cobb Stage 2

welcome to the club...your ss looks sick....nice pic at the strip....your areo will be a very nice sleeper
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

that ss is awesome.

Yeah I like reading the rsx forums for a chuckle.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Nice pic of the car, but what's this Camaro Z28 SS in your sig? I was under the impression that it was either a Z28 or an SS, not both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.