Posting from Korea

This is a discussion on Posting from Korea within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody, what's up? I'm in Korea with the army, and I come home in less than 2 months (I ...

Posting from Korea

Hey everybody, what's up? I'm in Korea with the army, and I come home in less than 2 months (I come back November 13) and I plan on buying a WRX, so I figured I'd find a forum about the car to learn more since I've been a Honda guy since I've started driving (2 CRX's, a hatch, and an Integra). My next duty station is Ft. Lewis (up in Washington) and I plan on buying my car in Houston (where I'm from) and driving it there, to Lewis. I know the all wheel drive's gotta be great for the weather I'll be experiencing up there, but it'll also be great for my lead foot, so I'm definitely hoping to be able to find a deal on one when I get back.

As much as I'd love to buy a brand new one from the dealership, the 25k (average) is just out of my range, I've been considering a new 05 Civic SI (not for the speed really, for the reliability and the knowledge I have of them), and a SRT-4 (cheap speed, we all know that, but it's a Neon =/) I was searching through Autotrader and found a local (Local to Houston, not Korea, lol) 05 WRX for sale with 3,800 miles on it for $22,000. From what I can tell that's a pretty good deal, and I'd try and get the price down to 20k flat. Regardless of whether I get that particular one, I do intend on joining the WRX team and look forward to learning/posting here with all y'all.

J.C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What part of Korea are you in? I did a year up a Howze a while back.

Don't be afraid to spend a little time and find the one that fits your budget. You can pick up an 03 or 04 at a fairly reasonable price if you have the time.

Save your money so you can get all the mods you want.

I'm up at Cp. Casey now, House shut down. I was in Yongsan for 7 months though, then they de-activated and moved me up here.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that about going a little older, but I REALLY want a brand new car, all I've had is 89/90 honda's, and I want something brand new ya know? I'll probably end up with an 04, with hopefully less than 30k on the clock.

I had a few warrior pass weekends down at Casey enjoying the lovely ladies of Tongduchon. Can't remember any of the bar names but I'm sure they've all changed by now. Some good times out there.

Honestly, as nice as a new car is, these things are built like tanks. Even a few years back and all you will get is some paint chips. Its hard to justify an extra 10+k on brand new once you realize just how many mods that will get you.

Heyy. I'm Korean and I moved to the US about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to visit Korea last summer and I enjoyed it.

How do you like it there? I know not much nice cars there and no room to race I don't think you'll find a subaru in Korea (because imports cost more money--- for ex) my dad's caddilac deville = 60k here. Cadillac Deville over in Korea = 100k!)

But if you want to drive something nice in Korea, I think the only one is the Tuscani. Or a Hyundai Tiburon.
    2006 STI Blue/Gold
    Mods: Bone stock :lol:
    Future: APS 3.5" tip Catless TBE, Cobb Accessport

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154596

we're not even allowed to drive up here in casey, well, no pov (privately owned vehicles), but yeah, the only nice cars i've seen up here are the tuscani's (tiburon's), but I was down in Humphrey's, Peungtek (something like that atleast) and a GI had a Skyline, it was nice, R32. And you're right, NO room to race, I drove from up here to Peungtek and the driving was crazy, and I was doing it in Korean's version of a Chevy Blazer, and all i've ever really driven is honda's, so that was "fun". Yeah, I've met a few girls out in the ville, and I've laid a couple too, lol, but meeting the real korean girls is fun, I'm currently dating a Korean girl and she's absolutely amazing. anyways, yeah, I'm now convinced that a WRX is what I know I want, you guys have already helped alot, I've already noticed that this forum is so much more mature than the other forums for the other cars that I've checked out, which is a big thing. Anyways, thanks for the welcomes