Hey guys from Honda to Subaru - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey guys from Honda to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by flyin_gnome thanks for the support guys! Besides I am 23 now time to get a 4 door ...

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_gnome
    thanks for the support guys! Besides I am 23 now time to get a 4 door right, and also the honda well Integra crew seems to be getting younger by the day, or I am getting to old. Well again I will see next week after the test drives
    think you're getting older. That's how it is around here too, all the Honda drivers are a lot younger than say the guys you see in the Subaru's and Evos etc. I think it's because Honda's are so easy to mod for gains. Basicly all bolt on, no engine management etc.

I see it as Honda being pot, it's the starter drug that gets you into the harder stuff like Subarus(that if you REALLY get addicted and find the money can get you into the super hard stuff like Ferrari's)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha nice way to look at it. Also as the cars become used and price goes down they become better "starter cars" to have at 15-16 years old, where as when I bought my car it was 20K new I couldnt have done that at 15 but thats just me, I see it all the time now though.

I think the price of a Honda is one of the main reasons for going with it over a Sub. The sticker on a Sub has 5-7k more on the sticker, and that can scare younger folks with less cash for a vehicle. Also, the turbo can up the insurance cost which, again, effects the ability to puchase one. If the parents are buying the vehicle, what would you buy your kid? Civic/Accord, or Turbo-powered Sub? Honda all day long.
    If I'm not back in five minutes....just wait longer.

I traded in my 97 civic ex about a year ago for my 04 wrx and I have never looked back. so much more fun, power, handling, modding. although my civic was fairly modded, my suspension upgrades owned the stock wrx ones but now that i have the v8 sti struts and h techs i'll take the wrx any day of the week over any honda. jump into a subaru and never look back
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

haha nice way to look at it. Also as the cars become used and price goes down they become better "starter cars" to have at 15-16 years old, where as when I bought my car it was 20K new I couldnt have done that at 15 but thats just me, I see it all the time now though.
    yeah the Civic was the first car I bought at $7900 used, much better than say a new WRX for $25000

I can't wait to trade in my '00 Civic for an '05 STi

i traded in my 00' Ek civic hatch
    for my WRX. had to pay lil more, but it was WORTH it. =)
    no more hydro'ing on raining days.
    and plus, winter is coming soon... u know what that means..
    AWD + Snow = FUN FUN
    03' C i

You won't regret it. I traded in my DA for a WRX and haven't looked back. I was actually asked last night if I regretted trading in my Gen. 2 Teg and didn't even think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sadkorean34
    no more hydro'ing on raining days.
    One thing I can't stand about my current car.

I actually had an experiance just a few weeks ago driving through a REALLY bad rain storm comming up the hill into flagstaff. It was so bad that I couldnt see anything and I couldnt drive anything over 30 mph with out feeling the wheel get very light and start to slide around. It was not cool at all. I have never owned an AWD car as my previous car before the intergra was a 67 mustang and that was even worse as far as handling is concerned.

Still lookin foward to the test drive of the 06, drove the remaining 05 that they have on the lot the other day just for fun. The salesman is very cool about it and doesnt pressure me with any numbers, anytime I want to come test drive anything they have he lets me. Big props for Planet Nissan/Subaru up here in Flagstaff, AZ

I actually had an experiance just a few weeks ago driving through a REALLY bad rain storm comming up the hill into flagstaff. It was so bad that I couldnt see anything and I couldnt drive anything over 30 mph with out feeling the wheel get very light and start to slide around. It was not cool at all. I have never owned an AWD car as my previous car before the intergra was a 67 mustang and that was even worse as far as handling is concerned.

Still lookin foward to the test drive of the 06, drove the remaining 05 that they have on the lot the other day just for fun. The salesman is very cool about it and doesnt pressure me with any numbers, anytime I want to come test drive anything they have he lets me. Big props for Planet Nissan/Subaru up here in Flagstaff, AZ
    my '91 mustang landed me in some ditches on very light snow. My Civic did amazing in the snow, hopefully we'll actually get some this year so I can test out the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by XimportncWRX
    my '91 mustang landed me in some ditches on very light snow. My Civic did amazing in the snow, hopefully we'll actually get some this year so I can test out the WRX
    I have a feeling that over here in Flagstaff there will be a nice ammount of snow for winter as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
    I think the price of a Honda is one of the main reasons for going with it over a Sub...Also, the turbo can up the insurance cost
    I just sold my 02 si...I only bought it because it was what I could afford at the time. Now I have an 04 wrx because it is what I can affoprd right now. I wanted an sti, of course, but I still can't afford it. My insurance went up $10/month switching from the si to the wrx. The 4 door really helps. Now the sti would have been different with the insurance company, I am sure.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I traded in my 04 si for an 04 wrx. Nothing wrong with the si, I just wanted some mo powah and awd. Well worth it in my opinion. I did lose some money on the deal though. That's my only gripe.
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

Although the type r is good looking and an extremely fun car to drive, I think the 06 wrx is your better choice. I believe the wrx will have cheaper insurance rates(type r's are stolen quite a bit), AWD is sweet(especially in the snow), four door is very convenient, and over all it drives and looks pretty dang good.

Either way your going to end up with a huge well-liked uprade over the LS.

Good luck with your decision!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast