Can STi beat stage 2 srt-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Can STi beat stage 2 srt-4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; a video exists that mid117 posted from streetfire i just cant find it right now(and his banned so i cant ...

a video exists that mid117 posted from streetfire i just cant find it right now(and his banned so i cant ask him)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I raced a 2004 SRT 4 with my stock STi and got beat badly... The SRT-4 had Cat Back, downpipe, fuel injectors, bov, and a AEM V2 intake. This was from a roll of course... now I have a helix downpipe and Im wondering if that would change anything or make me come closer....
    2004 Subaru WRX STi, Debadged
    FPgreen

Ok thanks for the info guys. I just drove my STi for the first time this afternoon and loved it! Just came in today. I love the low end power. Based on what yall have told me, Ill say that it depends on tune and aftermarket toys. Thanks!!
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by 04EsTI
    I raced a 2004 SRT 4 with my stock STi and got beat badly... The SRT-4 had Cat Back, downpipe, fuel injectors, bov, and a AEM V2 intake. This was from a roll of course... now I have a helix downpipe and Im wondering if that would change anything or make me come closer....
    just out of curiousity, what speed and what gear were you in?

How about this, i'll run STiguy. He's in LISC w/ me, and yes they let me hang around sometimes. Im not really stage two but close. I'll see if one of us can get it on a digi.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

I Support ClubWRX
    All good info. A few comments and one experience.

I'm still not sure what a "well-tuned" Stage 2 STi gets you in the end. My simple Cobb Stage 2 provided better numbers than most "tuned" stage 2 STi's. AWDTurboWRX posted some good links, but I'm always highly suspicious of crank HP and TQ figures as they are almost always derived using a mathematical forumula, and who knows what goes into the formula as they never tell you. Did they use a 17% drivetrain loss, or a 30% drivetrain loss? Who knows? WHP and WT are the common baselines, so I prefer to go by them.

In my experience, a well tuned STi needs more of something else to take full advantage of the tuning capabilities....which means more fuel, more air, or colder air. That is why you can take advantage of a FMIC with a tuned EM vs an off the shelf map. Sorry for the OT, but I just wanted to get that out.

That being said, I was able to pull on a Stage 1 SRT4 when I was Cobb stage 2, but it was about the same as when we were stock vs stock, as I would get an initial 1-2 cars and hold it. I was figuring that at Stage 2 himself, the SRT4 driver would have at least been able to keep up, if not slowly walk by. Can't try it now as I'm Cobb St 2 on my Legacy, and his is now a monster, getting ready to break into the 11's.

Now from a dig...not a chance, St 2 SRT4 vs St2 STi, the STi every time. Guaranteed as long as the drivers are equal. The same SRT4 and I went to the track when he was past Stage 2 (w toys) and using race gas. I still took him by at least 4 tenths every time. Now if he had used slicks...who knows?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    just out of curiousity, what speed and what gear were you in?

2nd gear role at like ~35??? This is before I knew that SRT's are sweet from a role..
    2004 Subaru WRX STi, Debadged
    FPgreen

ybnormal, your right i have no clue what type of transmission loss they used, i know it was on a dyno dynamics dyno. I wish they just posted whp, I just assumed it was the usual 17-18 percent which puts a stock sti at around 250whp(on 93 octane some reach 260whp) but i could be wrong.

Looks like everyone can see what an stg2 STI can do to an srt4. STiguy will have his car running by next week. I should have my downpipe by then too. We will get this on film, stay tuned.

p.s. im not stage2, but have similar hp #'s
    Last edited by i8yourV8; 09-21-2005 at 05:40 AM.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Here you all go, AP stage 1 STi vs. stage 2 SRT-4

EDIT: I think there is a better and longer video of this same race somewhere but I can't find it right now. I think they might have gone from a 60mph roll as well but eh I need to find it.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 09-21-2005 at 07:36 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

thats the vid i was talking about!

Ok here's your answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the roll
    Can a stock STi take a stage 2 srt-4? No
    Can an AP stage 1 STi take a stage 2 srt-4? Driver
    Can an AP stage 2 STi take a stage 2 srt-4? Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the dig
    Can a stock STi take a stage 2 srt-4? Yes
    Can an AP stage 1 STi take a stage 2 srt-4? Yes
    Can an AP stage 2 STi take a stage 2 srt-4? Yes
    Last edited by heftysti; 11-09-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12