Newbie here

This is a discussion on Newbie here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody, newbie here from South Africa. Got my MY04 WRX last week and enjoying every minute of it. Got ...

Newbie here

Hi everybody, newbie here from South Africa.

Got my MY04 WRX last week and enjoying every minute of it.
    Got to reading up on the various forums I have visited and finally plucked up the courage to do my first mod.
    I removed the snorkel from the std intake system Hehe, baby steps here one at a time for me as far as mods go.

Anyway, of all the various Scooby forums I have been too, I must say this one is definately the best and most informative.
    Excellent work guys.

Now question time.
    My next mod on my list is to install a IC spray kit. I visited a local scrap yeard here and was lucky enough to find a Forester with a intact window washer bottle with the dual pumps on and even luckier when I came across a IC spray switch from a scrapped STI. (Unfortunately that was about all that was left from it)
    I eventually installed the mod and it works fine but I am not happy about the way I have done the wiring to activate the pump and did some searching to find a better solution.
    I came across this post at Scoobymods: "http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4924"
    which details a complete install from scratch and in particular deals with the installation
    of the IC spray switch. This is part of the instructions given on how to install the switch and it makes reference to a post on the ClubWRX forums which I am very intrested in but the link seems to be dead.

"STI JDM AUTO SPRAY SWITCH:

I am sorry I didn't take pics during this part. I followed the wiring diagram on the BigSkyWRX post (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showt...threadid=53864). Read all of the post as important info about wiring (the easy way) is on the 2nd page.
    In the engine bay, you will use the existing 2nd pump plug (plug and play) into your new 2nd pump. The other wiring is done under the dash by the ignition switch and taps into the JDM switch. Like one person from Big Sky's post, I went to the junk yard and picked up a cruise switch plug from an early 90's Legacy. It fits the STI JDM switch perfectly, eliminating the need for spade connectors. By using this method to wire up your switch, you have no wire to route thru the firewall!!"

Can somebody please help me out by pointing me in the right direction to this particualr post.

Thx in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry i cant help with anything, but Welcome and take care - i heard car jacking in South Africa is common.
    -Bruce