New owner of a 2002 WRX Wagon!

This is a discussion on New owner of a 2002 WRX Wagon! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm now a proud owner of a 2002 WRX sport wagon with ...

New owner of a 2002 WRX Wagon!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm now a proud owner of a 2002 WRX sport wagon with the bug eyes! The car is actually a theft recovery salvage that was stripped for parts, but had the engine left intact. The car was rebuilt and ended up in my possession! Anyways, the car is a 5 speed, has 60k miles on the motor, short shifter and what appears to be a custom exhaust with 3 inch piping. The car was thoroughly checked and runs smooth and quick. Anyways, I got the wagon because I thought it would be a good combination of speed and utility in one car.

I'm interested in tuning the suspension of the car, nothing fancy but just enough to make this car handle great on the turns. Any recommendations on suspension setups for the wagon? Somebody mentioned to me STI pink springs are a good way to start? I'm coming from the old school Honda NA crowd...so the Subarus are a new platform for me!

Also even though I had this car checked, with a motor that has 60k on it, are there some matainence advice I should know dealing with this engine? Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Open minds, free powder!

XXX Santa Cruz boards for life! XXX