just a noob
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on just a noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, been checking out the wrx forums and signed up. Just put an order in for an '06 STI ...

just a noob

Hey guys, been checking out the wrx forums and signed up. Just put an order in for an '06 STI (I liked STi better) so while I wait for it to get her from Nippon wanted to say hi.

This will be my first turbo car and a departure from what I am use too. Had an 02 and 04 Z06 and 03 Cobra, so liked em big and rorty. Drove the Scooby a few times since 04 and almost got one back then but the torque of the LS6 made me go that way. After of year of it, I found I liked the handling and didnt use the power, and the couple STi drives left big smiles on my face cause it could do things in the twisties that the Z could only dream of.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. You've had some nice cars! I'm sure the STi (oops, STI now) won't disappoint. With some basic mods, it will be even more of a torque monster than it already is stock. Nothing like a Z06, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah, you lucky dog! Nice car choices though!
    Welcome!
    '14 WRX

Welcome!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

How long of a wait?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks for the welcome gents.

I know I will enjoy it, few cars impress the way the STI does on just a test ride. I was lucky enough to have a dealer that just handed me the keys and asked me to be back within an hour letting me take it out on my own. The benefit of being 'an old guy' to them @ 38.

Honestly I was leaning toward the 6.0 GTO, but another quick blast in a standard WRX cured that. My GSXR1000 provides bigger doses of adrenaline for acceleration, but not such a good idea to all wheel drift one of those thru switchbacks and back to back transitions

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by erix
    Thanks for the welcome gents. The benefit of being 'an old guy' to them @ 38.
    You are 38? Ray & I are not alone.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Yep, 38, though my wife thinks I'm 16 at times

I see from your avatar that we old(er) guys are not fond of the monster wing. That will no doubt be the first order of business. But I couldn't go full stealth and get the silver though I do like it. Had to get the blue. Stopped by the dealer to see the legacy in steel gray just to be sure. I could flip a quarter its that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Welcome. You've had some nice cars! I'm sure the STi (oops, STI now) won't disappoint.
    STi vs STI? What happened that the "i" deserved to be capitalized?

What I read about the "i" in STI, is that so many people in the industry were getting it wrong, and not capitalizing it, that Subaru just changed it to all uppercase letters for 06. Way to cave in from public pressure Subaru! How come you don't cave in on the modding/warranty issuse that easily! Lots of us would sure like that!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

welcome to the club and congrats on the new sti..my uncle has a Z06 and that his is just insane...hes trading it in on a c6 Z06 soon and i cant wait to get a ride in it
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

what color did you get?

I'm getting the blue one with silver wheels. One of the places I went just to see the steel grey had some greasy salesman trying to convince me white is so rare and worth the most and blue was least valuable because its sooo common.

Of course that is because the only one they had was white. I just love to listen to these guys talk.

If one think sportbikes has taught me, on the west coast you get the racing colors cause that is what sells. The silver wheels is the only hitch there, but I just dont like the look of gold wheels on that car unless its got that florescent Scooby emblem along the sides that the WRC car has to carry the gold. Probably wont matter much since I will likely get some black aftermarkets to put on there cause that is my favorite look.

The funny thing about the 'i' versus 'I' is there are so many high class marques that use 'i'. You'd think they have taken the hint cause it sure doesnt cause confusion for BMW.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    You are 38? Ray & I are not alone.
    Indeed. Welcome to another oldtimer. You've owned some quick automobiles..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Another welcome from another "oldie but goodie". I never did check...am I the oldest? Born in 62...hah!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.