Sold my S2K for WRX. Pics inside: - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold my S2K for WRX. Pics inside: within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 03 so I am fond of the bugeye The thing I like about it is the parts ...

I have an 03 so I am fond of the bugeye The thing I like about it is the parts can be slightly cheaper, and the ECU isn't as protected (subaru programer safeguards) and complicated. For example, the open loop and closed loop delay is very straight forward, adding some simplicity to the tuning options. The new WRX has a lot of nice features though. I like the higher 7rpm redline of all the latter models, but 4pot brakes would be a huge improvement. The stock brakes for the 02-03 were just not up to any kind of track time. Not even enough for a spirited drive IMHO. Plus you will get a lot of lag with just the 2 litter if you are used to bigger n/a engines. Also the quicker steering ratio in the 06 WRX is a very nice addition. Guess it is a toss up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice switch to the subie side, welcome. i got a good kick out of the zao shirt in ur pic (not being a jerk, just bustin bawls ) i didnt even know they still played!
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Hell yeah they still play. Got a new record label and fresh video out.

yeah, i never really got into the christian HC bands, with the exception of training for utopia's plastic soul implement - that was a pretty good cd at the time.
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

To me, it doesn't matter if it's HXC or whatever...as long as it good music. TFU went downhill after that album, but plastic soul impalment was probably one of the best ones out at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by blowns2k
    I was kinda hoping to pick up an 02-03 so I could better afford to mod the hell out of it.

Payments would probably a bit high for my blood. I'm betting $500+, but I may be wrong.

I am also in the hunt for a used WRX, and I did some number crunching. I am going for the lowest payment possible since I drive cars until they can't be driven any more. If you put 5k down on a 17k vehicle (which should be easy to find in the 02/03 range), you can get the 72 month loan for $227 per month. Now, this obviously depends on your credit, so this percentage is at 6.5%. So depending on your insurance cost, this should be fairly easy to maintain with dough left for modding the snot out of your WRX.

I know a lot of ppl don't want to deal with a six-year loan, but the payments are so low, you can pay on the principal if you want to make that extra step toward paying it off. What it does do though, is allow you to pay the minimum if needed that month. I am looking for after the first of the year (if I can make it that long without going bezerk), and I have everything all lined up financially since I have a family and what-not.

Good luck mang!
    If I'm not back in five minutes....just wait longer.

Damn i thought i was kinda scary looking. hahaha. Hell of a car!

Thats exactly what I was thinking, Dreamweaver.

I'm scary looking?

Short Shifter

I was thinking about buying a short shifter kit for my WRX but i dunno which one to get. I found one that had a 70% throw reduction that looks kinda sweet but sounds a little much. any advice would be appreciated thanx guys

you posted in the wrong place..when you are in the "new member hangout" click "new thread" to post your question...but the best way to find an answer in the search button, mostly all topics have been discussed numerous times
    btw, welcome to the club

Haha...that cracked me up! I was like "damn thread jackers" then I realized what happened.

Look all this chatter about looks is really not necessary. Especially since none of you fools have anything on the almighty BIG JIM SLADE!

If you don't know who this guy is, you can read the most hilarious right up here, but keep in mind there is some colorful lingo being tossed about. I swear to God though I was crying (literally) when I read this.
    If I'm not back in five minutes....just wait longer.

^^ Now that was kinda a thread jack!

Haha...hell yeah that was a thread jack!

Quote Originally Posted by blowns2k
    I was kinda hoping to pick up an 02-03 so I could better afford to mod the hell out of it.

Payments would probably a bit high for my blood. I'm betting $500+, but I may be wrong.
    you are lucky you got a blobeye. the 04+ has thicker gears, they can hold more power without breaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.