Sold my S2K for WRX. Pics inside: - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold my S2K for WRX. Pics inside: within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blowns2k It's simply really. worthless in any weather and the bone stock rex I test drove at ...

Quote Originally Posted by blowns2k
    It's simply really.

worthless in any weather and the bone stock rex I test drove at the dealership spanked the hell out of it even in it's modded form.

My GF was following in the S and she can drive just as well, if not better than I can. We turned onto the on ramp and the rex and I just walked away.
    I got confused by your screen name, and wondered how a supercharged s2000 could lose to a stock wrx, and then looked at your performance mods of only an intake and catback exhaust. I assume the nitrous wasn't used

But yah the torque on the wrx can be advantageous against an s2000 in low speeds, or if the s2000 wasn't in vtec at the time. That's the reason you were able to walk away from your s2000. Freeway speeds with the s2000 in the high rpms, and it'll be the opposite, with the s2000 walking/pulling away from the stock wrx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    I got confused by your screen name...
    Haha.....I get that a lot. That's actually blown as in blown up. It's spent a lot of time in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by blowns2k
    Haha.....I get that a lot. That's actually blown as in blown up. It's spent a lot of time in pieces.

too much nitrous?

Resident strong man

Hmmm.. I might be interested in stepping up to the challenge. Pics and info of me on my website
    www.freewebs.com/boxernboston
    2004 WRX STi
    Stock for now!

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    too much nitrous?
    Somethin like that.

Congrats on the pickup man...definite improvement in all aspects even though the S2K is sweet car for Honda. Just wait until you get the first major snowfall...*you'll drop a load in your pants and keep on smiling* Why the wait though, from the looks of all the mods you've done on your other cars, you've got a lot of money at hand???

I'm not loaded or anything...but I make a little more than your avarage high school grad.

My job works on a piece rate. My base rate is only like $12.10/hr. but on my average day I end up making $17/hr. Make it a Sun, (which is automatic double time) and it ends up being somewhere in the neighborhood of $34/hr.

Not the most prestigious job out there...but I'm still kinda proud of it.

Plus I've got no bills. I have rent with my broadband and Dish net included, car payment and insurance. Nothing else, not even a credit card.

So what is it that you do? I don't know if I missed it or not. By the way, I put ice tires on my stock rims last year, and drove around in fresh ice after we had a storm. The road was all mine There was no where that I couldn't drive, and I didn't slip even once. I drove very cautiously, until I got to the parking lots I was going to play in. Each time the weather changes you get a new performance car, cause you have to adjust your driving style. As the seasons go by I am reminded how much I love this car. Each change in weather reminds me of a new modification change. I don't think I'll ever by a different kind of performance car. Now I just gotta get the motorcycle to go with it.

I'm a production worker at a local foundry. We make cast parts for Toyota, Ford, CAT, GM, John Deere...the list goes on.

It's very hot, dirty, exhausting work.

nice car

Quote Originally Posted by RAiNEEZY
    nice car

Thanks.

welcome to the club...your s2k looks really nice....good luck on your search for your wrx
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

thats a nice s2k but if you're gonna go for a WRX... even though most people probably would say it looks bad i'd say get the 06 WRX, 2.5 Liter, redesigned intake manifold, higher cr ratio, redesigned combustion chambers and more torque n horsepower.... what more can you ask for.

A few exterior mods like remove the emblem in the grill and lower it on some wheels i think it'd look great not to mention haul ass like an STi.... of course if you mod the turbo n IC.

But STill great s2k, good luck at findin a rex.

I was kinda hoping to pick up an 02-03 so I could better afford to mod the hell out of it.

Payments would probably a bit high for my blood. I'm betting $500+, but I may be wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast