New to ClubWRX

This is a discussion on New to ClubWRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone! I'm a new member to the club. Nope, I don't own a Subaru yet. I actually own an ...

New to ClubWRX

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new member to the club. Nope, I don't own a Subaru yet. I actually own an SUV.
    So what am I doing here right????

Well... Next year I am going to buy a new car. Next fall actually... I was originally going to buy an SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee (425 horsepower, 0-60 4.7 seconds), but the price of gas and the instability in the economy is making me think 10 miles per gallon isn't such a great idea.

I need dependable transportation that is at the very least AWD. I have to be able to drive in snow and foul weather. However, I like performance. I like acceleration. So I am now strongly considering the Subaru WRX STI, The Lancer Evo MR, and the Audi S4.

Next year I Hear the Evo is going to be the Evo X with over 300 horsepower. That's awfully tempting, but I like the quality and workmanship of the WRX. So I was wondering, if anyone has heard of any changes for the 2007 model year of the WRX STI. More horsepower? Different styling? More gadgets?

I am going to give a serious look to the Audi S4. The luxury is great, the engine a V-8, but the handling and performance... It's heavy and it's not nearly as nimble as the WRX STI. With a pricetag of 55,000 loaded, I am eager to see if I can find a better deal on the block.

Anyway, If anyone can speculate on the '07 Subaru WRX STI... I'd be most grateful.

Thanks Guys,

I look forward to hanging out here. ;-)

BG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I'd imagine the 07 STi will have very minor (if any) changes for 07 since it was freshly redesigned for 06.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! You picked a nice hangout.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome. Also look at price for maintenance, parts, and stuff like that. I am sure the Audi would be sky high, but the STi and EVO much more reasonable.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate