So Im thinking of this WRX Wagon as a DD

This is a discussion on So Im thinking of this WRX Wagon as a DD within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need a good reliable car as a Daily Driver, how does this Wagon sound? Should I get WRX as ...

So Im thinking of this WRX Wagon as a DD

I need a good reliable car as a Daily Driver, how does this Wagon sound? Should I get WRX as a Daily Driver? I just got tired of trying to build a high horsepower RX7 and keep it reliable, so its time to keep her in the garage and buy something new!

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
    $14,699 See Saved Vehicles Kelley Blue Book Value
    Save This Vehicle Get a CARFAX Record Check
    Mileage 36,462 Engine 4 Cylinders
    Body Style Wagon Transmission Automatic
    Wheelbase 99" Drive Train AWD
    Doors 5 Stock # 14621
    Exterior Color Black VIN JF1GG29602H810476
    Interior Color Black multi-cloth

Standard Features: Air Conditioning, 15 inch Rim Size, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Dual air bags front and sides/active belts, 4 Wheel Drive, AM/FM CD, 122 Cubic Inch Displacement, Daytime Running Lights, Tilt Wheel, Power Windows, 4 wheel standard Anti-lock Brakes, Turbo Engine, 4 Cylinders, Power locks, Power mirrors, 2.0L, Turbo, Tilt, Dual airbags, Alloys, Cruise

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd inspect it to see if it was modded previously. As far as a daily driver goes, I think a stock wrx would be awesome.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds pretty good. The rim size should be 16", though. If I were trying to build a high power car on the side, I'd probably buy a cheaper daily driver - maybe just a 2.5RS or something.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Thanks for the input guys, I was just alittle worried about buying a turbo DD since all of my previous turbo projects have been track cars and therefore hardly reliable. This will be my first turbo daily driver so Im kinda nervous about reliability. And about half of the 15k I have is coming from me selling off all the little project cars I have completed over the past 6 years lol. If anyone wants to buy either a

85 nissan low rider 720 with hydros or a
    76 Jeep CJ5 or a
    92 Twin Supercharged Buick park avenue Ultra

hit me up lol.

I wouldn't worry about reliability on the subaru, but one thing I would worry about is its past. Look this car over good.

ya I have seen this one WRX on here where the person bought it full of mods and ended up being a lemon becasue the compression was all messed up, if its stock or close to stock then you should have very little trouble with them.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I wouldn't worry about reliability on the subaru, but one thing I would worry about is its past. Look this car over good.
    +1 and take a look at this thread.
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome, looks like you have read up alot already. I am curious about the RX-7 project?!?!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

are you set on a AT? I think they're a lot less desirable in this market and you could probably get that car for less. People will of course disagree .

In other news...

If you're anywhere near DC, I am likely selling my 03 silver wagon, 30K, getting the big a$$ service on wednesday and I have no mods.

PM if you're itnerested.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan