New here, just got my WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New here, just got my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just thought I’d say Hi. I used to have a 97 eclipse GSX a couple years back and ...

New here, just got my WRX

Hey guys, just thought I’d say Hi.
    I used to have a 97 eclipse GSX a couple years back and then sold it in favor of walking the streets of Boston. Two years later, Im sick of riding the bus and walking in the snow. So now I have an 03 WRX. I really liked my last AWD turbo car, so the Subaru seemed like a logical choice. I’ve only had it a few days, and I must say I like it. Seems like it has to rev a bit (4k) before it really starts going, but I’m sure I can do something about that.
    Anyway, I figured I would take a look around to see if anything had been done to the car by the previous owner. I noticed the intake air scoop was missing. Hmmmm… I see a lot of people around here do the “snorkus” removal mod, so that doesn’t seem that strange. I look a little closer… the airbox isn’t connected to the fender. There’s just some sort of plastic pipe pointing at the airbox. I removed the little cover over the hole where the intake scoop used to go… Oh, hello Home Depot special… and dangling by tie wraps. Great, I guess the last owner didn’t have too much pride in their work. Well I guess I know what my first order of business is. I think I’ll check and see if anyone has the scoop and snorkus parts over in the part trader section.
    Anyway, just felt like blah blahing on the internet and sharing the pic of my soon to be removed toilet pipe intake. I’m sure I’ll be spending many hours browsing around here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resize of IMGP0484.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! TP intake? Yes ... browse around here! You can do better.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to 'da club! The rest of your engine bay looks clean! I wish mine was that clean
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

welcome to the club...by the pic it looks like the previous owner tried to do some sort of CAI
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Thanks guys.
    I think I'll go ahead and find someone selling the stock intake scoop and either get an elbow or just find one of the snorkel box things too. I hope I dont find anymore shoddy mods done to it.

Greetings!
    '14 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.