anyone with this problem ever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone with this problem ever within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; installed a erz downpipe and it is rubbing right against the passenger fender. i put heat wrap on it and ...

anyone with this problem ever

installed a erz downpipe and it is rubbing right against the passenger fender. i put heat wrap on it and it still vibrates. what is left to do? just take a hammer and bend it? thanks for any help.

nate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by Trainrex; 04-09-2008 at 01:05 PM.

the downpipe is rubbing the fender??...something must have gone terribly wrong with that install
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

are you sure youre talking about the downpipe? well, i dont know of any exhaust components that could possibly be rubbing on the fender. very peculiar, take some pictures so then maybe we can give you some worthwhile advice.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

on the inside of the engine bay. where the dp comes off the turbo and the dp starts to go down it is rubbing on that inner fender part i dont know what it is called. i just took a hammer to it though and now it is ok. do you think i will loose much power by hamering the dp alittle so it will clear?

I Support ClubWRX
    Pics?

I think he is talking about where that drain hose is for the AC... the downpipe does come pretty close to the body of the car in that spot...

yeah post some pics ... I dont think pounding on the dp was that good of an idea
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

ya the body where the ac drain hose is. i took the dp off and then hammered it were the dp was rubbing. why would that be bad?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtroy
    ya the body where the ac drain hose is. i took the dp off and then hammered it were the dp was rubbing. why would that be bad?
    Banging dents in an exhaust pipe impedes flow.

but how much power am i going to loose? some people have told me not enough to notice a big diffrence.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtroy
    but how much power am i going to loose? some people have told me not enough to notice a big diffrence.
    That all depends on how much you crushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    That all depends on how much you crushed it.
    yup... c'mon lets see it
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

that's very strange. the DP gets a little close, but it should NOT be hitting it. This could be an indication that either the DP, the turbo, or the UP are not installed right. when everything lines up, you should have about an inch of clearance.

If not, you might have a defective DP, and should send it back to the vendor for a replacement.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you got a DP for an STi. For both applications, if you switch, sometimes clearance is needed either at the AC piece discussed or sometimes the firewall. No biggee if you just dented it....maybe a few HP or two loss...unless you really crushed it. Only downside is no one will be it if you ever choose to sell it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. My ERZ DP rattles against the firewall at times under acceleration. I contacted the company who i got it from & they won't replace it for "free". They want me to buy a new one & then send the old one back before they give me any kind of refund. So that means i have to pay for shipping 2 more times. I'm still not sure what i'm going to do yet. Tomorrow i think i might try to bend mine a little to try to eliminate the problem.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast