Suggestions / Opinions wanted!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Suggestions / Opinions wanted! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been looking into get a wrx for the past few months and have the budget to afford one now, ...

Suggestions / Opinions wanted!

I've been looking into get a wrx for the past few months and have the budget to afford one now, but the problem lies in the fact that I cannot drive stick. I'm planning on taking a lesson within the next week and a half or so.

I was wondering after I take the lesson whether or not I should buy myself a really cheap manual trans car so I can practice, instead of just jumping into a relatively new car and possibly ruining the transmission.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say just get the WRX. I kind of sorta knew how to drive stick when I bought my car. I stalled and chugged my way back home but I practiced every night when I got home. Within a week I understood what went on and I wasn't too bad. As time goes on you'll get the feel of the car and it will become second nature to you.

I read this article before and after I got the car and I believe it just kind of put things in perspective and has helped me learn.

Good Luck!!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Have a friend teach you on there car. The WRX clutch is a little tricky for a beginner. Even after 3years of driving my 5speed RSX you have to really concentrate on the clutch and extra gas since its AWD. But i stay either way, get the car eventually.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I learned on my WRX. I drove my brother's Saturn Ion twice, then bought my WRX.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.