Suggestions / Opinions wanted!

This is a discussion on Suggestions / Opinions wanted! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been looking into get a wrx for the past few months and have the budget to afford one now, ...

Suggestions / Opinions wanted!

I've been looking into get a wrx for the past few months and have the budget to afford one now, but the problem lies in the fact that I cannot drive stick. I'm planning on taking a lesson within the next week and a half or so.

I was wondering after I take the lesson whether or not I should buy myself a really cheap manual trans car so I can practice, instead of just jumping into a relatively new car and possibly ruining the transmission.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say just get the WRX. I kind of sorta knew how to drive stick when I bought my car. I stalled and chugged my way back home but I practiced every night when I got home. Within a week I understood what went on and I wasn't too bad. As time goes on you'll get the feel of the car and it will become second nature to you.

I read this article before and after I got the car and I believe it just kind of put things in perspective and has helped me learn.

Good Luck!!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Have a friend teach you on there car. The WRX clutch is a little tricky for a beginner. Even after 3years of driving my 5speed RSX you have to really concentrate on the clutch and extra gas since its AWD. But i stay either way, get the car eventually.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I learned on my WRX. I drove my brother's Saturn Ion twice, then bought my WRX.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.