Newbie here, hi all . - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie here, hi all . within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by xjetx Yes sir I did, My evo was quick but you can feel that it`s not solid. ...

Quote Originally Posted by xjetx
    Yes sir I did, My evo was quick but you can feel that it`s not solid. The tranny was soft and I just dont like the plain jane interior. The STi? Tranny is so crisp, lag? what lag? lol ..I also like the interior,way way better than the evo. First project would be an HKS BOV.
    TEH BOV!!! Pssh...!!

Anyway, congrats and what's up with your neighbour? "He" wants or "she" wants a piece of you? Just curious, but I can understand why those cars draw so much attention.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on getting the mods in already.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome! I am very curious on the numbers you put down!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I`m itching to install the stealthback, I really dont know if it`s going to be a direct fit. The BOV? From what I have read so far it does not really help, I`ll probably get the BOV on next years planned upgrade (FMIC/bigger turbo). This first batch of mods has so far cost me almost 2 grand,right now i`ll be eating ramen for the next 5 months.You think I need an exhaust? I like the stock STI exhaust,it gives me a stock look. But if an aftermarket exhaust will help gain more power,I`ll get one - Wich gets me to another issue, the rear diffuser ! I do not want to cut it/move it I saw an HKS on an 06 but they dont realize that this thing gets really hot and since it was touching his diffuser that thing will melt like butter. oh well...
    My neighbors got an iroc, we have a deal on Nov 6 at buds creek. Import vs domestic - nothing major just a full tank of gas and a meal at red lobster.Will let everyone know

Upgrading your exhaust will definitely yeild worthwhile gains. The exhaust really is the main building block to the rest of your modding, especially if you will be going with a bigger turbo.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

thanks for the warm welcome, I just had my TXS stealthback installed today and I cant really notice the power gain - although 1st and 2nd gear seems really smooth. I tried to floor it but I can hear this awful sound,like theres something inside my exhaust. I can hear the turbo now but i`m worried I might fry the darn thing, guess I should get a turbo cover or cut up the stock one. And yes ofcourse the check engine light went off, the cruise control light was flashing like mad - My fix? search clubwrx checkengine light, voila reset the ecu - worked like a freakin charm. I`ll find out tomorrow if it`ll come back and if it does I got one stealthback up for sale and my stockies are coming back in. I think I need a downpipe and a good exhaust and a second job at the rate i`m spending money, the utec went back today - i`ll hold off on that until my warranty expires. Subaru told me that exhaust modifications will not affect my warranty so i`ll stop there and use it as a buliding block from 3 yrs from now.

The noises you are hearing are normal with the turboback. You will hear a lot more of the turbo sounds.

As far as the CEL, there is a good chance it will come back. Are you catless? I had good luck with the perrin simulator when I had a cel from my TXS TBE. It got rid of the cel and I passed inspection.
    -Brian

yup, cel is back. Stealthback will be removed on saturday

welcome && congrats on the new STI

Holy crap brianh has a lot of posts.

holy crap a lot of people have way too many posts.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by xjetx
    yup, cel is back. Stealthback will be removed on saturday
    If you install the perrin simulator you will not have a cel and will be able to keep the exhaust.
    -Brian

new pics sorry for the delay

Last edited by xjetx; 04-19-2006 at 01:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.