new thread new questions.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new thread new questions. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; , does any one know were i can find the 06 wrx sedan's saftey ratings? and this is the list ...

new thread new questions.

, does any one know were i can find the 06 wrx sedan's saftey ratings? and this is the list of goodies ima get when iget the car. o.z prodrive p1 rims, perrin cold air intake/ram pod, perrin manual boost controller, Subaru Column Mount Boost Gauge, GFB hybrid bov, Greddy evo/2 catback exhaust, good year eagle f1 ggs d3 18 inch tires , and a radar detector

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You're getting a little ahead of yourself here......if history repeats it's self you wont need a CAI or an MBC. The 18 inch wheels will most likely hinder performance more so then help since they now come with a decent 17 inch wheel. The boost gauge that Subie offers has historical been a peice of crap, the cat back will do nothing but give catless wrx drivers a bad name, and the radar detector....yeah judging from your post I'd advise you to pick that up.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    You're getting a little ahead of yourself here......if history repeats it's self you wont need a CAI or an MBC. The 18 inch wheels will most likely hinder performance more so then help since they now come with a decent 17 inch wheel. The boost gauge that Subie offers has historical been a peice of crap, the cat back will do nothing but give catless wrx drivers a bad name, and the radar detector....yeah judging from your post I'd advise you to pick that up.
    well i dont want to pay 3g's for a pos alum 17 inch wheel from subie, when i can get a set of awsome wheels 17 inch,for 200 n change, please show me another guage in a respectable mounting palce for a decent price, and what do u mean by "the cat back will do nothing but give catless wrx drivers a bad name, and the radar detector....yeah judging from your post I'd advise you to pick that up"

u know what **** this, ive made 3 posts and ive only had 2 nice respocnes. this site is awsome and theres some really cool people. but some of u are raeal ass holes.

I Support ClubWRX
    From what I understand the 06 Wrx will come Factory with 17's....so you wouldnt be paying "3G's for a pos 17 inch wheel from subbie"

As for your gauge comment....you get what you pay for. Search Defi or gauges in general and make an educated guess. Unless SOA changed there gauges were in Kpa if i recall....not psi...If your paying atleast 24,000 grand for a car......i'd want accurate gauges telling me what's going on...but that's just me.

As for defending your catback comment....i misread it...I thought you were said axle back....but even still....once they figure out the airpump on the wrx (replaces the UP cat on 06's models) a catback isnt much of an improvment without getting rid of the suspected DP cat at the same time.

Have you even searched CAI or MBC and 04-05 wrx's? I highly doubt the 06 will take kindly to either of these.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    From what I understand the 06 Wrx will come Factory with 17's....so you wouldnt be paying "3G's for a pos 17 inch wheel from subbie"

As for your gauge comment....you get what you pay for. Search Defi or gauges in general and make an educated guess. Unless SOA changed there gauges were in Kpa if i recall....not psi...If your paying atleast 24,000 grand for a car......i'd want accurate gauges telling me what's going on...but that's just me.

As for defending your catback comment....i misread it...I thought you were said axle back....but even still....once they figure out the airpump on the wrx (replaces the UP cat on 06's models) a catback isnt much of an improvment without getting rid of the suspected DP cat at the same time.

Have you even searched CAI or MBC and 04-05 wrx's? I highly doubt the 06 will take kindly to either of these.
    o ya, i know they come with em, but i dont really like the way they look and the factory updraged rims are 3 thoousand, so thats were i was comming from on that part. and as for gauges ill gdo sum research and c whaat i can find, im jsut looking for a kit, intead of having to buy individual atachments and peices. and for exhaust ur saying i would need to do a turboback to really get anything out of doing it. and as for cai, or mbc's i meant just to up the psi to 15. but i can c how this would lean out conditions blahblahblah. o ya and can some one inform me on subie's current waranty like will i void it putting this stuff on it even if its "bolt ons"

With the exception of the wheels, every mod you have listed will void a part of your warranty.

I would not even bother with the CAI, BOV and MBC. There are better mods that are safer that you can get with the money. See the "first mods" sticky.

Welcome to the forum.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome, have fun reading!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.