Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, i am new to the wrx scene. i previously had a 95 civic . it was time for soemthing ...

Need some help

Hi, i am new to the wrx scene. i previously had a 95 civic . it was time for soemthing fun. Now i have 02 blue wrx
    I am from westernern NY if anyone knows of any good or reliable shops around.? possibly with in 300 miles. ? also a few q's...............
    i already have turbo back exhaust indivia / greddy and full suspension w/ 17's ,and sway bars all around
    have 3 gauge pillar, Boost,oil, volts.
    i have been reading a lot of threads here and was wondering what should i do... i ws looking into utec? and or boost controllers? anyone out there give me someinsight please.
    Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Precision Tuning is up that area and to be honest from there rep online that would be the only shop I'd go to in the NY/NJ area.

As for your next mod you should be looking at some sort of EM. AP is always a good pick if you want a plug and play (now they can even due a tune with PT). It really comes down to what shop you want to go with and what they use. An AP you can toss on and drive until you can get around to the Pro tuner.

I think at this point if you plan on going crazy down the road with a huge turbo Utec would be a good pick as you could more then grow into it. The 02's showed good use of MBC when they first came out, but there are much better ways now to control it. IMO EM should be your next mod, and from there start saving for some good gears (RA if you plan on staying stage 2ish).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Ditto what 302 posted. You can also consider XXTuning in Hartford.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome, have fun learning!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

hey everyone thanks for the help.. Now ive been doping more research and everything so ill have more questions to come.. BUT whats is AP EM PT ? sorry if thats a dumb question. i have some knowledge but nothing like you all. thanks again

PT is protuner - it is a Cobb software package that a good tuner shop can use to custom tune the AccessPoint (AP) to your car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    AP=AccessPort by Cobb, EM=Engine Management, PT=ProTuner.
    Welcome! I'm also from WNY. Congrats!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Hi again. ok so i as talking to some locals and they sent me to a few sites to look at... this winter id like to get a nice power package on the car,, so here is what i was thinking.. let me know what everyone thinks. and please i am open to other companies and turbo's and such...

also i know already with upgrades like that im goin to want a beefy clutch... so maybe stage 2? i saw cobb had a nice stage 2 kit......... rite now all i have are sti gear sets and thats all i kno... anyone out help me here.

thats what i looked at.. thanks

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/PowerPackage2C.htm