Woot!

This is a discussion on Woot! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, Im currently driving my 2000 eclipse rs 5spd (Blitz kit, AEM intake, full titanium muffler) anyways as much ...

Woot!

hey guys,
    Im currently driving my 2000 eclipse rs 5spd (Blitz kit, AEM intake, full titanium muffler) anyways as much as i love it, im looking for something better. I finally decided upon a wrx to take place of my car. I am an avid member of neweclipse.org, and they have tought me so much. Im glad to see that this forum has just as many great members as over there. Im really excited to get behind a AWD Turbo car, and cant wait. Im hoping to upgrade the stock boost up to something a little higher, is this ok with a mbc on a stock engine? I dont know im brand new to this wonderful world of turbo and im hoping that you guys can help me out once i get this car. thanks!
    cj

be prepared for more noobie questions in the future....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the search button and a lot of reading will help you sufficiently with your mods. but as for the best first mods
    1)new tires..stock tires are crap
    2) up and down pipe..get rid of those damn cats
    3)some type of engine management..which will raise boost, stay away from mbc..especially on the 04 and 05's

hope this helps some

and welcome to the club

Welcome, I have been here for a little while and most are really cool on here, unlike a lot of other sites where you cant even ask a question without some half-wit making a smart-a** remark. Oh and to save you from someone's rath, use the search as much as you can, there are a lot of things on here that have been discussed in length and therefore do not need to be discussed again, so that should be done first, I dont mind but most do. It depends on which year you get, I heard the mbc on the 04-05 is terrible. As a side note most people dont like them period, and I have always been told to leave them alone. Have a friend who used to be into the old Probe turbos and he said they are very bad, but cars are different and some people on here say they are ok on the 02-03. But you can just get a Cobb Accessport for EM, and that will do wonders for your car, it basically tweeks the air, fuel and boost to pre-set maps. I might be off by one of those but you can search that, and I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct it. I have wanted this car since the 02 model came out and I have been more than pleased with what it can do stock, and with a few mods it is one hell of a car for the price. I love driving, and you will hear most eveyone out there that has one of these goes looking for places to drive to. You can make them really good in the handeling department and pretty damn quick, the top end isnt the greatest but my last car was a stock civic to get me through school, so it feels fast for me. Good luck, hope this helps.......

Great minds think alike, your post wasn't there when I wrote mine and then I sent it and yours was up, that is funny. You pretty much said the same thing but shorter.......

isnt taking off cats illegal? I dont have time to deal with that when emissions come around. *sighs*

Welcome!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

"Great minds think alike, your post wasn't there when I wrote mine and then I sent it and yours was up, that is funny. You pretty much said the same thing but shorter......."

that they do, haha, yeah they were both posted at 9:42

and as for the cats, wehre are you located?..im on the east coast and dont mind swapping my dp in and out, from what ive heard you can pass catless but i havent had to do that yet, ive heard on the west coast they are more strict about it, search it and you'll find your answers

im here representin dallas

Welcome!

Check out the "frist mods" sticky in this forum and the stickies in the engine performance forum.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.