discovering mods...

This is a discussion on discovering mods... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well Ive had my car for about 4 days, and I love it. I work at a dealership and I ...

discovering mods...

well Ive had my car for about 4 days, and I love it. I work at a dealership and I picked it up off a trade-in. so far from what i can see the TMIC is turboXS, it has a full HKS cat-back (or at least it has a full catback and my buddy thinks its HKS) short throw shifter, the wheels are ssr comps (17s) and he threw on the STI wing (which Im debating shaving, but that wont be for a while) also one of my pullies is blue and has some markings on it I cant read, so I think he may have replaced that...

so what else should I be looking for, I want to build up this car, but first I need to figure out whats already on it... thanks for your help...

while I dont have pictures of the engine bay or anything of that nature, I do have some really crappy pictures of the car... heres a link to them...
    photos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice car..I think thats the ZEROSPORTS wing though..and you need a drop.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

defintely dropping and doing brakes next... still researching the companies and what would be good for this because this is my daily driver...

I have been reading the threads/stickies on here about how to mod these cars and there is great info, but I am trying to figure out whats already been done, so I dont redo, or undo something...

well check youre turbo is it the TD-05 ? you might be running a bigger turbo to support the other mods.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Nice looking car. Definitely needs a drop, as said earlier. Looks like they kind of went a little overboard with the blue paint on the front too (grill, foglight covers, etc.) but it's not too bad. I don't think that's an HKS exhaust, because I'm pretty sure they come out at an angle.. not straight back. Could be wrong though, so feel free to correct me if need be.

ok I am really a newbie with these cars, where would I look on the turbo to tell? I will try to take some shots of the engine bay tonight if that helps, any requests for sections to zoom in on to help me here?

thank you for all of your help

Those gold rims look great!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

the only way your cat back is HKS is if it is written on the canister of your exshaust....
    well i meen to say this is a good way to tell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails silent-high-power.jpg  
    whats a signature?

I really think rear sway would be something to look into after or before the drop.

reading the boost guage

so I was driving and trying to watch the boost guage (the guy who owned it prior installed it by the shifter... thats hard to see and watch the road) it look like it spiked to 14.5-15psi but then went and down and bounced around between 5-10. not sure if this is whats supposed to happen... and 14.5 seems awfully high... any help?

this is my first time with F/I... Im just not used to it, built N/A before.... so this is new for me

14.5 is stock boost.

Stg 2 06STI
    02/04 WRX MSPT Tuned - 18g(DEAD)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"-Vizzini