A love affair with the WRX...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A love affair with the WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just moved to Virginia so I need to buy a new car. I don't really have too many requirements ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Arrow A love affair with the WRX...

I just moved to Virginia so I need to buy a new car. I don't really have too many requirements in buying the car except that:

1. It must have awesome pick up
    2. It must be able to pick up at higher speeds for passing
    3. It must cost less then 20000 if possible [no STi for me ]
    4. It must turn heads

And that's when I spotted the '02 shiny blue Subaru WRX. The problem is, I don't know if it's just lust at first site or something that could turn into a long-term love affair!?

I am just getting into racing, having been a long time fast-car enthusiast. And I want to keep up with the boys!!! I've also been considering the Acura RSX, Nissan Maxima, Altima 3.5L, 2006 Eclipse, and possibly a VW Jetta T.

I am leaning towards a performance car, possibly something I can upgrade the turbo in or whatnot. BUT I don't know how to drive stick...I'm learning! But I'm not sure if I'm going to want a manual or automatic.

Ok, enough writing. I know y'all may be a little WRX-biased but I'm okay with that! Please help an eager girl out and lend me any advice you can offer!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Girl + WRX + manual = awesome.

We're not that biased. In all reality we are true car people, ones who will recognize a faster and better vehicle, but also don't put up with bs. That's why you see people here with SRT4s, WRXs, S2000s, corvettes (well, one).

Go with the WRX.

You should also consider the RSX Type-S and the SRT-4 if you're in that price range. The rest of the cars you mentioned don't really "compare".
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    In that price range, I'd choose between an RSX, WRX, or SRT-4.

Test drive each one...see which one you like best All are good performers.

Also, if you are a fast car enthusiast > get a manual transmission. Learn it. You won't regret it.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I dont even hace a rex yet but i cant wait to get. I had a prelude and the rsx type-s was a lil' slower but with minor boltons could get pretty fast. thats front wheel drive so it depends on what you want to do there. i personally dont like the srt-4 cuz its a neon wether dodge admits it or not haha. i like the wrx becasue its got a lot of potential and at the same time its very practical.

on a side note... in fairfax you should just get something with really really good gas mileage because traffic sux here... hahaha

There's an excellent chance I'll be looking to sell my local (at least for you) 03 Silver WRX wagon with 30K miles, all service, Alpine XM radio, infinity subwoofer, short throw, etc etc.
    No performance mods, extended warranty, etc.

blue book is about 17,300 without the stereo. I'd take slightly less than that because of stupid dings in the door from idiots in parking lots.

Anyhoo, I might put it on the open market in a few weeks. Let me know if you're interested.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Peachypumpkincheeks

Re: '03 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    There's an excellent chance I'll be looking to sell my local (at least for you) 03 Silver WRX wagon with 30K miles...
    Thanks anyway dsel, but I'm not a big fan of the wagon.

A girl's gotta be picky.

girls driving wrx's is my fantasy so get the wrx for sure
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

I Support ClubWRX
    If your getting a manual trans Id suggest looking at the RSX, or the RSX type S. If you want an auto Id say deffinately buy the WRX over anything else. I wouldnt buy an automatic RSX, it doesnt feel like a performance car.

Id go with the WRX over all of them tho! Well I guess I already did

Welcome and enjoy.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't want to exhibit the obvious but: VA + Snow = AWD Necessity. The other cars don't have it, and can't hold a candle to the WRX in the snow. No question...get the WRX, stay away from Mistubishi, and check out the resale on the Nissans before you buy one. Now the RSX...not too bad...but just to slow if you truly want some decent power. Plus..FWD...yuck!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I just moved to Virginia so I need to buy a new car. I don't really have too many requirements in buying the car except that:

1. It must have awesome pick up
    2. It must be able to pick up at higher speeds for passing
    3. It must cost less then 20000 if possible [no STi for me ]
    4. It must turn heads

And that's when I spotted the '02 shiny blue Subaru WRX. The problem is, I don't know if it's just lust at first site or something that could turn into a long-term love affair!?

I am just getting into racing, having been a long time fast-car enthusiast. And I want to keep up with the boys!!! I've also been considering the Acura RSX, Nissan Maxima, Altima 3.5L, 2006 Eclipse, and possibly a VW Jetta T.

I am leaning towards a performance car, possibly something I can upgrade the turbo in or whatnot. BUT I don't know how to drive stick...I'm learning! But I'm not sure if I'm going to want a manual or automatic.

Ok, enough writing. I know y'all may be a little WRX-biased but I'm okay with that! Please help an eager girl out and lend me any advice you can offer!
    i just want you to know that, i have never seen you before and i sure as hell dnt know what you look like but just from reading this post i can tell you are the woman of my dreams...... i love you
    whats a signature?

It really depends on what you want. If you want All Wheel Drive, get a WRX. If you don't mind Front Wheel Drive, the RSX is a very nice car.

Stay away from the WRX if you want an automatic, though. I don't know about the RSX, but I know the WRX loses a lot of torque to the automatic transmission. Of course, I don't think you should be getting an automatic if you want a performance car, anyway.

SRT is a Neon. It's going to feel cheap. Maxima and Altima are nice, but not performance cars. They might have some horsepower, but there's more to performance than that. Dunno about the Eclipse or Jetta.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Don't want to exhibit the obvious but: VA + Snow = AWD Necessity.
    It's not really the obvious. I live 6 miles away in DC, and I can tell you, if we get one storm a year where AWD is actually necessary, we're lucky. We get rain, rain mixed with snow, and occasionally, a 4" BLIZZARD that shuts down schools. You can get by easily with FWD. I had FWD acura and VW for 9 yrs here before my WRX and I never had a problem.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Peachypumpkincheeks

*A*w*e*s*o*m*e*!*

Hey y'all! I really appreciate how helpful everyone is being!

No one ever told me buying a car would be this much work!

My biggest problem seems to be whether to choose luxury or performance.

[bump!]

find a 02-03 with leather lol.. or do it yourself... get a wrx.. im having a hell of a time right now getting my wife to go with the idea of driving the rex for a while while i by another race car 97 perfect miata with 40k on it... would get a turbo, new lsd(has stock but id put a rx7 one in it), wheels tires new suspension and i would hit road racing once again.

Ne ways get the WRX i promise you, you will fall in love.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Hey y'all! I really appreciate how helpful everyone is being!

No one ever told me buying a car would be this much work!

My biggest problem seems to be whether to choose luxury or performance.

[bump!]

Pssshhh, luxury is for pansies.

Go for performance.

At least you recognize that for that price you have to choose. You can get some luxury, or you can get some performance. You can't have both.
    Last edited by TacticalNuke; 09-01-2005 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast