Clueless...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clueless... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey. I just recently purchased an 03 WRX. I have put a blow off valve and intake on it. I ...

Clueless...

Hey. I just recently purchased an 03 WRX. I have put a blow off valve and intake on it. I am just curious what would be some recommended mods.... I would like to also get some of the basic information. I really am not familiar with any of this and I would like to obtain information on everything. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Read the stickies.

Mods? IMO, loose the BOV and intake. The stock pieces are more than adequate.

It's the other forum, but great info:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-25-2005 at 07:30 PM.

get a UTEC or Cobb

sell the intake/BOV, they will trash your car
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder3393
    Do you suggest Utec or Cobb access port...?
    Personally I do not know UTEC. I have an AccessPORT and really like it. Cobb specifically advises against using an aftermarket intake with the AP maps. From the map notes:

For use with a stock turbo, stock injectors, stock intake and a TURBOBACK
    exhaust system. Additional modifications such as uppipe and underdrive pulley
    are still within the acceptable parameters of this mapping. MUST USE FACTORY
    INTAKE. NO AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS MAPPING. Best if used with 93 and 94 octane. If any knock is present revert to the 91
    octane mapping

There are downsides to aftermarket BOVs as well.

Read the stickies and search in the dozens (hundreds?) of BOV threads here for more info.

In this order I am looking into getting turbo back exhaust with access port, new injectors, fuel pump, new turbo, but I am not sure what else I need or what order I should get them in.... Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder3393
    In this order I am looking into getting turbo back exhaust with access port, new injectors, fuel pump, new turbo, but I am not sure what else I need or what order I should get them in.... Help please.
    Sounds like a good list to start with.

IMHO, I would install them in this order (list includes engine mods only):

Phase I

Accessport
    -try it out see how it does stock, wait time 1 weeek
    Turboback
    -remap the acccesport for the new turboback system (piece by pice if you wish, eg downpipe first), run with it for a month or two to see if you want to go to what I call phase 2

[most people claim 40-60whp gains with this, I wouldn't know]

Phase II

Injectors/Fuel pump/Race fuel/Custom ECU flash/Exhaust manifold
    (all simultanisusly)

Phase III

New turbo/FMIC/Tranny improvments/Performance clutch/ all that expensive junk.

You can also do suspenion mods if you decide you want to stay at my Phase I and still get a sporty performance.

It's totally flexible and all up to you and your budget.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.