just got an 04 STi a couple weeks ago, hola everyone

This is a discussion on just got an 04 STi a couple weeks ago, hola everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wanted to say wuts up to everyone here. ive been hangin around at iclub lately and thought id come ...

just got an 04 STi a couple weeks ago, hola everyone

just wanted to say wuts up to everyone here. ive been hangin around at iclub lately and thought id come check up clubwrx. anyways, thinking about some minor mods to my new sti so lookin for ideas suggestions etc. ive been reading other posts and it seems like the basic mods are engine management (cobb accessport seems to be popular) and exhaust, TBE or catback, oh and bov.

oh yea, had a question about turbo timers...are they really necessary on an sti? is the turbo going to be damaged from just shutting the car off after its been driven? i usually wait like 30 at idle before shutting it off, but sometimes its a hassle, just wondering if turbo timers are worth it.

thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, turbo timers are not necessary on any WRX, because of where the turbo is located. It can't hurt, but you do not need to install one.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

A BOV is a horrible idea on a WRX. The stock one is good for up to around 20 PSI and is 100% recirculating. Do not add a BOV.

Turbo timers are unnecessary as well and are grounds for denial of coverage on certain warrantied items.

BOV are also grounds for denial of coverage.

Same with driving the car...and buying it.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the purchase, I see you have two nice cars

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

my civic got stolen in may...so ive been saving up and got this sti its a little quicker than my civic..and handles a tad better