Wishing!

This is a discussion on Wishing! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! New to the site. I consider this my affair with a WRX STI. (Just don't tell my Toyota ...

Wishing!

Hello everyone! New to the site. I consider this my affair with a WRX STI. (Just don't tell my Toyota Celica!) I wish i had an STI or even an WRX. But i will wait til its my turn. just one question guys. i was told not to buy a used one. anyone have any ideas about buying a new WRX/STI or used one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome,

I would say that buying a used one is a semi-safe thing to do but you have to know the history of the car. If you're buying a used one from a forum member research their history.

There's a 04 black STI for sale(modded) over in the midwest section on nasioc which has been taken pretty good care of, and the owners a good no BS guy.

_B

I bought my WRX new and my STi used. No issues. Check out the Car purchasing forum for more info.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

buying a used one can be tricky. if you can speak with the owner of the car, you can get a better idea of its history. (a used car on a dealership lot makes that hard to do). if you are looking to get one soon, in all honesty mine is for sale and i have never launched, drag raced, or autocrossed it. i'm also very anal about maintenance and things so it has been kept up to spec. also, '03 is the best year to buy because it doesnt have the clutch sudder issues of the 02, and doesn't have the fuel enrichment issues of the 04+.

i need to sell it very soon! i'm going to downgrade for awhile to save more money for my family (if you knoew the cost of daycare, you'd understand!!) Otherwise, no regrets about this car, and i'd be happy to sell it to my best friend if that gives you an idea of the car's condition. Link is in my sig, and i'm motivated (read: make me a good offer!!) please let me know what you think
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

hey guys im also new here. i love the WRX and STI since i first saw one. but it will be another year or two before i can afford one, i plan on getting an STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I prefer new. Get whatever new you can afford.

thanks

Thanks guys! i wish i could buy the ones for sale.....right now....but if i get one, at the moment i plan on trading in my celica. right now....its just a dream....i've been looking.....i found one at a carmax in schaumburg, il that i'm going to see tomorrow. i'll see how that turns out.....right now....i'm thinking i'll get one with next year or two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Had 1
    Thanks guys! i wish i could buy the ones for sale.....right now....but if i get one, at the moment i plan on trading in my celica. right now....its just a dream....i've been looking.....i found one at a carmax in schaumburg, il that i'm going to see tomorrow. i'll see how that turns out.....right now....i'm thinking i'll get one with next year or two.....

Ahh, a chitowner. . .remember if you're going to buy a subaru locally, stay away from subaru of schaumberg.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and good luck!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Ahh, a chitowner. . .remember if you're going to buy a subaru locally, stay away from subaru of schaumberg.
    hahaha that's the first place i went to......why stay away from Subaru of Schaumburg? i though they were pretty good.....i actually went to carmax as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Had 1
    hahaha that's the first place i went to......why stay away from Subaru of Schaumburg? i though they were pretty good.....i actually went to carmax as well.....

avoid them like the plauge, if you want to find out more search for them over on the midwest forum on nasioc.

I wouldn't set foot on their property for any reason.