new guy saying what's up

This is a discussion on new guy saying what's up within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, i just got my brand new 05 obp wrx today. eight miles on the clock at the showroom ...

new guy saying what's up

hey guys, i just got my brand new 05 obp wrx today. eight miles on the clock at the showroom . this is my first stick car so i'm still getting used to the whole clutch thing but i'm getting the hang of it. i've looked around and read the stickies and stuff and i'm already eager to learn more!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! There is a ton of info to learn on here. A piece of advice for a new manual transmission driver....in between shifts, take your right foot off the clutch, and put it on the rest pedal to the left of the clutch. Get in this habit, it will save you from wearing down your clutch! One more piece of advice, don't be afraid to use the E-Brake when you are starting out going up hill. It will save you from rolling back into anyone who might be behind you. Best of luck!

thanks for the advice, but don't u mean left foot on the dead pedal? and i've already used the ebrake to prevent myself from rolling back, but once i get manual down i'll be able to drive without it like u guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! You are already off to a good start reading the stickies and all. Driving a MT will soon become second nature to you.

welcome!~

Quote Originally Posted by dFunk
    thanks for the advice, but don't u mean left foot on the dead pedal? and i've already used the ebrake to prevent myself from rolling back, but once i get manual down i'll be able to drive without it like u guys
    Yeah, thats what that thing is called! I can never remember, I just know that I use it. I don't know about everyone else, but when I drive in Seattle, or just in an area with hills, I still use the e-brake. I have found that its better to use it in that situation than to risk rolling back. Of course, thats just me.

whats up new guy
    " I'm a bad man"

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Welcome

thanks for the welcome guys. i got better on flat surfaces, but on hills it's such a pain. do u guys have any advice for starting on hills? like maybe how much to rev to?
    Last edited by dFunk; 08-14-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Welcome.

It will just take practice on the hills. You will have it in no time. Just don't burn the clutch too much.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, have fun with it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC