Gotta get a car next week, wrx or boresville
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gotta get a car next week, wrx or boresville within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, Just joined, I have no experience with subaru's or with any awd car for that matter. I need ...

Gotta get a car next week, wrx or boresville

Hi everyone,
    Just joined, I have no experience with subaru's or with any awd car for that matter. I need to purchase a car in the next 10 days or so seeing as mine is falling apart on me. I stopped by the subaru dealerships today to test drive an 05' wrx sedan. Wow, that is some fun power! The salesman was extremely nice, and races a wrx himself making over 460whp. Now, he told me about the 06' models coming out with the 2.5liter engines, so he handed me the keys to test drive the forester, said it would be very similar to it. I definately noticed a lot more pull in the lower/mid rpm range (more torque i'm assuming to come with the bigger displacement) but awkwardly, the 2.0 felt as if it had more up top. It could have been that the forester is geared differently/weighs more/isn't designed as the wrx was. heheh, anyway, I'm crossed now on what to do.

$22k for an 05' wrx or to wait until next week when the 06' wrx track or tuner version comes out. I can't recall exactly what he said, kinda slurred it, i believe it was tuner though. The 06' "tuner" wrx can be had for $700 more then the 05' wrx. Will it be worth the extra money? Salesman told me i'd loose automatic climate control, 6 cd changer, and power seats i believe. Also said the car is lightened even further (i'm guessing lighweight body panels? no wing? etc.) I've gotta commute and sit in traffic for about 2 hours total each day, but i do love to have fun on the weekends. Let me know what you think for the money and which would be a better deal.

-Side note- no tunning for me. Factory warranty needs to stay completely intact. I also find the regular wrx to be plenty fast... enough to keep me happy for years to come.

-Nails

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

waiting for the 2006 is personal preference...do you like the new style better than the 2005 style? We will have 2006 TR versions on sale for about $19,990 being that sticker should be near $22k for the TR version. He is correct on his pricing for the 2005... $22k is a pretty good price for a non-premium 5 speed.

i guess it mostly depends which look you prefer. The new turbo forester will break the tires loose going into 2nd. A guy that bought a black 5 speed from us took me for a ride in his and it was pretty fast. The turbo in it is a little louder than expected, but the forester XT runs good.

you should be able to pick up a 2006 TR version for under $21k somewhere, but as mentioned before, if you dont like the 2006 style, go with the 2005. the best deal in the world wont matter in 6 months if you dont care for the styling. plus you wont remember or care what you paid for it in 6 months anyway. the pricing is close enough to where you should get the body style you prefer....
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Hm, well providing the ride isn't killer harsh, i would definately be more interested in the 06' model. I figure in 3 years, i'll have better resale value on the newer face, plus i kinda like the look more then the current wrx.

"We will have 2006 TR versions on sale for about $19,990 being that sticker should be near $22k for the TR version." - "$22k is a pretty good price for a non-premium 5 speed."

This has me confused. Now i can get a regular 05' wrx for $22k which would be about $24k after taxes and licensing and such. But you said "you should be able to pick up a 2006 TR version for under $21k somewhere" so it would be cheaper to actually go with the 06' TR? Because my salesman told me the TR would be about $700 MORE then an 05' wrx. So after fee's it'll come out to approx. $25k. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Nails

--Also, if anyone else wants to post up the general ballpark on what they paid for the wrx's, i'd appreciate it.

I bought my 2005 wrx sedan within the first month at most of when they came out and after all said and done the total was a little over 24k. I think I got a good deal, but all I cared about was getting the wrx.

we were told by our rep that the 2006 TR version will have a sticker price of about $22k, putting invoice under $21k. The TR version will be a stripped out car. Radio may not even be included, no spoiler, etc. they offered a similar package in 2002 on the WRX.

for 2005, most of them have a spoiler and some extra stuff on them, putting a good price in the $22k range after rebate.

the TR should be cheaper, but at the same time, some dealers will add their additional pricing to msrp and some will not budge off of the sticker price for the first couple of months..especially if they have 2005 WRX's left over.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.