Silver WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Silver WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just got rid of my Oldsmobile Aler-ho... and I got a 2002 WRX, the 2.0l one not ...

Silver WRX

Hey guys, I just got rid of my Oldsmobile Aler-ho... and I got a 2002 WRX, the 2.0l one not the STI. Just dropping in, there are a lot of forums out there, this looked to be one of the best, i will be asking questions and stuff cuz I'm a noob with forced induction, and subarus in general.
    No worries, I know how to use the search button lol. And I plan on moderately modding it, maybey the cobb tuning stage 2 performance package first. I love the car, other than the black sideskirts it is freakin sweet! I guess it's good to have non painted ones, so I won't worry about scratching them and marking them up out on the dirt roads lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Welcome & congrats on the vehicle upgrade. Don't worry, you'll catch the bug soon & want to be at 300WHP within a few months like most of us here. I found out that it's definately going to take a little longer than planned. You'll learn alot too. The people here are pretty informative. Good luck!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

welcome & congrats

stage 2

If your looking to go stage 2, you can buy any brand up/down pipe combo and get a cat-back exhaust. I have the helix combo and is working very well.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! You actually admit to owning an Alero?

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Welcome! You actually admit to owning an Alero?
    haha I inherited it, but it was a nice car for a first car, specially since I got spoiled and got it for free.
    haha what's even worse, was I put a body kit, dropped it, rims, intake, exaust and some little stuff, it was pretty sweet... but it was slower than dirt so I got rid of it lol.
    So far the only thing i don't like about the WRX is that piece of roof that is there right above the center console, I want a moon roof lol.... I took it back on some dirt roads tonight, and it had rained allll day... that was fun.
    One question, is it bad for the tranny to shift it really fast? When I do it the car lunges forward, and jerks... I don't hear the loud bang that some do, but man does it lunge forward... My friend just says that I have a fast shift, but i dunno...

A fast shift isn't good if you do it wrong. I've seen people hammer on their cars & just straight beat the snot out of them. Does it jerk in a good way like it hooks up & takes off real quick or is it more like it jerks & then seems bogged down? Which would be the bad way. If so, you'll get used to it & shift better. I owned my 1st manual 4 years ago & i won't drive auto again.
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 08-04-2005 at 10:18 PM.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04
    A fast shift isn't good if you do it wrong. I've seen people hammer on their cars & just straight beat the snot out of them. Does it jerk in a good way like it hooks up & takes off real quick or is it more like it jerks & then seems bogged down? Which would be the bad way. If so, you'll get used to it & shift better. I owned my 1st manual 4 years ago & i won't drive auto again.
    it doesn't bog down afterwards, it just lunges, and keeps going... it's sweeeet.. Oh and the car is way muddy right now, I took it out on some dirt roads last night, nothing too crazy but enough to get the car really dirty!

You want to talk muddy?

This was my car back at the end of March in upstate NY. It was a great time until i got a little stuck & had to be towed out. It was so muddy after i got out. I'm STILL pulling grass & chunks of mud from underneath it. I will never do that again. Damn i hated those RE92's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stuckinmud.jpg   dirtywrx.jpg   dirtywrx1.jpg  
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

haha, that's awesome.

I Support ClubWRX
    I see whoever pulled you out was kind of enough to spew a bit more on your car. Thats what friends are for
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

that's freakin sweet. Well so far, I've got an HKS intake on order, because my air filter needs to be changed fast, so I figured to change it with style. But I did think, that since the MAF sencor doesn't like to get wet, will the oils in the filter mess with it?? I think I should be fine but yeah. Just for ****s and giggles I took off the recirc and plugged it up so my stock BOV is louder, and I debadged everything but the SUBARU badges on the rear. Tomorrow I am trading a friend with an '05 he has an STI spoiler, and I like it better than the one I have, and he likes the one I have better. Oh and I took out that rediculous snorcle since I am getting a diff intake anyways... Is it possible that the plugging of my recirc made my car run a bit richer? It idles differently, and I am not sure if that is the cause or not, I don't know what could be, that's the only things I have done to the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by |Rev|
    that's freakin sweet. Well so far, I've got an HKS intake on order, because my air filter needs to be changed fast, so I figured to change it with style. But I did think, that since the MAF sencor doesn't like to get wet, will the oils in the filter mess with it?? I think I should be fine but yeah. Just for ****s and giggles I took off the recirc and plugged it up so my stock BOV is louder, and I debadged everything but the SUBARU badges on the rear. Tomorrow I am trading a friend with an '05 he has an STI spoiler, and I like it better than the one I have, and he likes the one I have better. Oh and I took out that rediculous snorcle since I am getting a diff intake anyways... Is it possible that the plugging of my recirc made my car run a bit richer? It idles differently, and I am not sure if that is the cause or not, I don't know what could be, that's the only things I have done to the car.
    Yes, it will make your car run oddly, stumbling on idle and while on the gas between shifts. If you want a louder psssht sound, go for a valve that allows you to recirc also. I don't recommend plugging the recirc fromt the stock valve is it messes with the ECU and MAF since the air release to atmosphere is supposed to be returned to the inlet, and thus has already be accounted for.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

well I am going to try and go with a HKS theme with the turbo related accessories, and I want the SSQV BOV.. but that doesn't cope with the recirc... it hasn't effected my friends EVO VIII MR or my friends '05 WRX... Why would the stock one make a difference?

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock recirc valve can leak under high boost conditions (shifting at WOT, etc) and likely does so even under normal conditons. Normally, this is undetectable as of course, it would recirculate. However, with the recirc line plugged and blowing to air, any leakage is actually air that should be going into the intake manifold after being pressurized. So your MAF is sending signals to the ECU, which is then alloting the correct amount of fuel via the injectors, but the amount of air is less then expected....thus a rich condition and stumbling/rough idle can occur. Combine that with what sounds like a dirty intake filter, and you can get the same symptoms you are describing. Try it fully plumbed. If the condition goes away, then you've pinpointed the issue.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast