Scoobysport exhaust question

This is a discussion on Scoobysport exhaust question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not sure if this should be posted here or somewhere else... since I'm new to this ClubWRX thing I figure ...

Scoobysport exhaust question

Not sure if this should be posted here or somewhere else... since I'm new to this ClubWRX thing I figure I'd be safe and ask here! Direct me elsewhere if I should post this somewhere else.

OK, so my simple question is this: (more of a confirmation)

Anyone see any problem with installing only the Scoobysport Up-pipe and Down-pipe and leaving my stock muffler in place?

I've read that this should be fine but I want to make absolutely sure / gather some more opinions!

Am I just loosing a little HP and most the cool soundFX? Or is there more to it then that...

See I'm too broke to buy it all at once and too inpatient to wait to save up! Logically one would think that you would want to buy the muffler first (i.e to increase the flow at the end before opening it up in the front...) but I can only assume that the stock muffler flows well enough where this is not so much an issue.
    I have no other mods on my car (except my k & n filter)
    oh and it's an 03 wrx wagon if that matters for some reason...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should be fine.

And yes, this is supposed to be in the Engine/performance section.

Welcome to the club =)

Thanks!

I have moved this thread as suggested to where it belongs.
    Mods feel free to delete it if you want / can