New 05 Aspen White WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 05 Aspen White WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, just picked her up on Sunday. It is my wife's car, she is in to mods just as ...

New 05 Aspen White WRX

Hey all, just picked her up on Sunday. It is my wife's car, she is in to mods just as much as I am. She wants a bov first, is that relatively do-able? She likes the sound my car makes. Glad to be back in a Subaru, we had an old '90 Legacy that was a lot of fun in the snow back in MN. I am in VA now....
    2005 Aspen White WRX: "stock", Skunk 2 cat-back, Moto gp elbow on the way

2005 Orange Blast SRT-4: Mopar bov, Perrin sri, SBR mbc , SBR wga, Mopar Stage 1, Carbon By Design side-exit exhaust
    Dynoed 231hp, 244 tq. stock, June '05

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Skip the BOV as your first mod. It is bad for a stock setup. Always good to hear about a Mrs. thats into modifying like all us guys are. But enjoy the ride and congrats.

Welcome. Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you. BOV's are fun, but they tend to make the car run a little rich if untuned. If she likes it, go ahead. There is lots of info here on that subject!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase, you will love the car!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Congratz on finding our kind of woman!!!!

Thats a nice stable you have. SRT-4 and a WRX.

Skip the BOV, it will make the car run rich; pause between shifts and idle poorly. as cool as it sounds (i guess?) its not worth it.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

congrats on the new wrx and welcome to the club....if you want to hear the bpv take out the intake silencer in the passanger side wheel well
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Intake silencer, eh? I just might have to look into that, thanks! I appreciate all the compliments and advice, and this is my first thread on this forum, sweet! I was reading about the "hybrid" bovs, you know the ones that partially recirculate and partially vent. Do they have the same effect on the car as the full atmospheric ones? Or does it just run crappy regardless which aftermarket bov you are running?
    Last edited by buzz wrecker; 08-03-2005 at 08:03 AM.

2005 Orange Blast SRT-4: Mopar bov, Perrin sri, SBR mbc , SBR wga, Mopar Stage 1, Carbon By Design side-exit exhaust

bump for the bov question...

Stock BOV works best.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

ok so, this silencer is only on wrx model or sti has it as well (sorry if stupid question)? It's not smart to put a bov on a stock setup i know, but will removing this silencer do any harm whatsoever ? Would it void any kind of warranty, etc? Any further info on this silencer and/or its removal would be appreciated. Thanks man.

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/intake/g...ntakeelbow.htm

There is the link to it, I sure hope it doesn't void anything, cuz I just ordered one. It looks like it just eliminates a big silencer box that is in the wheelwell. As long as they don't look in the well, they shouldn't notice anything because it looks pretty much stock when u open the hood. I don't know what the gains will be, but for that price any gain is worth it, even if it is just a "sound better" mod.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club - enjoy the new toy!

I'm gonna try, but it is the wife's car. So, as long as I can pry it away from her from time to time, I will try to get it so it can keep up with the SRT-4. Well, maybe just half a step behind.... Can't have her car faster than mine, right?

if you wanna make power get a downpipe (invidia, perrin, helix)..............the BOV is a sound mod inless you change the turbo and run over 19lbs of boost. I have one on my car it runs fine, i know plenty of people who run them and they work fine. (im not looking to start fights here over this) you have to remember its an import and everycar runs differently. You can have one wrx faster then another with the same exact mods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.