Subaru and STi Q... or 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru and STi Q... or 2 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, i am new here. I drive an Acura TSX right now. However i have a couple quick Q's about ...

Smile Subaru and STi Q... or 2

Hello, i am new here. I drive an Acura TSX right now. However i have a couple quick Q's about STi's and Subaru in general... First off, even though the answer will probably be a bit bias, how dependible and long lasting are subaru's? I have never owned one, nor has anyone in my family, except my dad, back in 1991 had a subaru wagon, heh... Basically my dad doesn't have an opinion on them because he didn't drive them long enough... I did test drive a regular WRX RS, and i really liked it, but would rather have more of an upgrade. But basically, are they as dependable and reliable as an Acura, or honda? Other than that, i guess just how does everyone like their STi?... I appreciate it, because i am looking into buying an STi... My TSX is just too slow, heh. However, i will miss the interior of the TSX more than anything. Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Consumer Reports 2004 had Subaru as the most reliable manufacturer, followed closely by Toyota and Honda. So yes, they are reliable. Also, they've been turbocharing cars for a long time (the WRX and STi have been overseas for years), so if there were bugs, they've largely been worked out.

I only have a WRX, but the STi's I've driven have been a blast. They are more raw than what you are used to, but if you don't mind that, I'm sure you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Option1080
    I did test drive a regular WRX RS, and i really liked it,
    Theres no Such thing as a WRX RS. you either drove a 2.0 turbocharged WRX or you drove a 2.5l non-turbo rs. Both imprezas only one is turbo'd.

it goes 2.5rs->WRX->STI

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you drove a 2.5RS which is not even comparable to the WRX in power or feel. Then of course the WRX is nowhere near the power and feel of an STi.

I work for Honda, I have owned and still own several Honda's. I havent had 1 warranty issue on my 2005 WRX. granted it only has 8k miles, but my 2002 Si only had 11,000 miles when I traded it in last december and I was working on it more in the shop then I had it on the road. Also my wifes 2003 Honda Accord was in the shop a lot too. Mainly for stupid stuff like the carpet pulling away from the side sills, the door panels rattling, the sun roof leaking. It never had a major issue with reliability but it was still in the shop a lot for warranty issues.

I hope this helps you, I was as cautious as you when I decided to make the jump from Honda/Acura to Subaru but in the end I think I made the right decision. It is a better car all in all.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Ok, guys thanks... Sorry WRXsig, didn't mean to offend you or something... Well it had to have been a WRX that i test drove, because it had turbo boost guage. Sorry, i just dont know much about the whole subaru family, so sorry. LPPTuned, thanks for your info, that does help. Its nice to know you work for honda yet you'd still go with a subaru. One other question, what is the resale like on a subaru? That is kind of a big factor for me as well. Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Option1080
    Ok, guys thanks... Sorry WRXsig, didn't mean to offend you or something... Well it had to have been a WRX that i test drove, because it had turbo boost guage. Sorry, i just dont know much about the whole subaru family, so sorry. LPPTuned, thanks for your info, that does help. Its nice to know you work for honda yet you'd still go with a subaru. One other question, what is the resale like on a subaru? That is kind of a big factor for me as well. Thanks again guys!

nope...no offending here

I Support ClubWRX
    Having owned well over 40 cars in my life, of those I've managed to acquire 2 SVX's, 2 WRX's (one spec C), one STi, and on Legacy GTL. Other then some glitches in trannies and the heated mirrors catching on fire on the SVXs (try that one some time), I can safely say that I've never had a single issue that necessitated a dealer visit....wait...cracked windshield on my 03 WRX that was due to too tight of fitment...so I had one. Great cars!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^^^ that is friggen impressive!!!!!! Subarus hold their value really well which is good for us owners and new car buyers but a lot of the time bad for the used car purchaser. Good luck with your purchase or non purchase, the TSX is still an extremely hot car.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.