My New Car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My New Car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man sti is just like mugen, trd, amg, and nismo. sti is subaru's infactory performance tuning company so putting sti ...

Man sti is just like mugen, trd, amg, and nismo. sti is subaru's infactory performance tuning company so putting sti on your car is just saying that you have sti parts on your car, it doesn't necessarily mean that you car is an sti. Plus z3ro's car is a bugeye so its not like anyone would even think that he has an sti if he has the badge on it.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    Man sti is just like mugen, trd, amg, and nismo. sti is subaru's infactory performance tuning company so putting sti on your car is just saying that you have sti parts on your car, it doesn't necessarily mean that you car is an sti. Plus z3ro's car is a bugeye so its not like anyone would even think that he has an sti if he has the badge on it.
    Yes and no. The problem is that in the US "STi" has become synonymous (sp? wow big word for me), w/ the 300HP car. Its not like in japan where they have Forester STi, etc etc.

So for you to put STi on your car, when it is not, is just as bad a Type R badge. Even if you had a Type R swap its not a Type R.

im not passing judgement, just adding my .02

oh and Mugen isnt a factory tuning company. They just happen to specialize in Honda/Acura cars. HFP/A-Spec/Modulo = Honda in house tuning
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by Garand Boy
    Very nice car. What kind of rims are those?
    Ditto... and ditto... I really like those rims...

edit: RE: badging... if it is your car, put whatever you want on it... just be prepared to defend what you badge it WITH...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

ya sure... the ONLY difference b/w a rex and sti is the hp ...
    sheesh
    It's all about the mountain twisties, biyotch~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12