New Member Hang, right? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member Hang, right? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've never heard that discussed on a Subaru board...just Hot Rod magazine. What are your goals for the car? In ...

I've never heard that discussed on a Subaru board...just Hot Rod magazine.

What are your goals for the car? In a nutshell, if you stay with the stock turbo, you'll need engine management (like AP), and exhaust (don't overthink it...piece together a turbo back). If you upgrade your turbo, you'll need the associated accessories (injectors, fuel pump) and the appropriate engine managment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont go to

1/4 mile tracks or anything. i jst drive my car like any other civilan...... except i like to go a little faster. i want a fast car. i own a GTO now and with my WRX i would like to match its speed. i know a WRXs top end speeds wont match a GTO, but i talk 0-60 and up to around 80mphs. if i had to buy modds today i probably would get the Cobb Stage 2. what can i still add to that?? or do u have any better ideas??
    04 GTO under 9k miles for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    1/4 mile tracks or anything. i jst drive my car like any other civilan...... except i like to go a little faster. i want a fast car. i own a GTO now and with my WRX i would like to match its speed. i know a WRXs top end speeds wont match a GTO, but i talk 0-60 and up to around 80mphs. if i had to buy modds today i probably would get the Cobb Stage 2. what can i still add to that?? or do u have any better ideas??
    Cobb Stage 2.5 ...stage 2 stuff + STi fuel injectors, and a VF34 turbo upgrade.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i dont

see a Stage 2.5. http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/

or are you saying i buy Stage 2 from them and then add STI fuel injectors and a VF34 Turbo upgrade on my own. how much extra hp and torque and price we talking????

see a Stage 2.5. http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/

or are you saying i buy Stage 2 from them and then add STI fuel injectors and a VF34 Turbo upgrade on my own. how much extra hp and torque and price we talking????
    did you mean "i dont see a stage 2.5?"
    VF34 93 oct map - http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/
    "VF34 map using 93 octane fuel. Requires VF34 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust. 320HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed." -cobb

do a search for prices.

so i add to Stage 2 Cobb.... the VF34 93 oct map, 93 octane fule (any gas station), a VF34 turbo, and STI injectors. i can keep my stock intake and intercooler?? doesn't stage 2 Cobb come with a TBE?? will i pass inspection with everyting above??
    so that 320 hp isnt whp the whp would be ( 20% loss X 320 hp) = 256???

so i add to Stage 2 Cobb.... the VF34 93 oct map, 93 octane fule (any gas station), a VF34 turbo, and STI injectors. i can keep my stock intake and intercooler?? doesn't stage 2 Cobb come with a TBE?? will i pass inspection with everyting above??
    so that 320 hp isnt whp the whp would be ( 20% loss X 320 hp) = 256???
    As long as you keep one cat in the TBE you will pass inspection. If you get one w/ a catpipe, or a high flow cat you will be fine.

I got the TurboXS stealthback. it has a cat in the midpipe, but the rest are gone. so i will pass inspection.

Yea 320 to the crank on a Mustang dyno.

a cat is?? if i buy Stage 2 Cobb, does that include a cat??

Pretty much if i buy Stage 2 cobb and add STi injector, VF34 turbo, and a VF34 93 oct map will i pass inspection?? or do i still have to add a cat??

A cat is a catalytic converter. You can buy Cobb stage 2 with or without a cat. Its more expensive with a cat. I couldn't tell you about passing inspection with it cause I don't have to worry about passing anything where I live.
    '04 PSM Stage 2 WRX Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12