New Member Hang, right? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member Hang, right? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've never heard that discussed on a Subaru board...just Hot Rod magazine. What are your goals for the car? In ...

I've never heard that discussed on a Subaru board...just Hot Rod magazine.

What are your goals for the car? In a nutshell, if you stay with the stock turbo, you'll need engine management (like AP), and exhaust (don't overthink it...piece together a turbo back). If you upgrade your turbo, you'll need the associated accessories (injectors, fuel pump) and the appropriate engine managment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont go to

1/4 mile tracks or anything. i jst drive my car like any other civilan...... except i like to go a little faster. i want a fast car. i own a GTO now and with my WRX i would like to match its speed. i know a WRXs top end speeds wont match a GTO, but i talk 0-60 and up to around 80mphs. if i had to buy modds today i probably would get the Cobb Stage 2. what can i still add to that?? or do u have any better ideas??
    04 GTO under 9k miles for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    1/4 mile tracks or anything. i jst drive my car like any other civilan...... except i like to go a little faster. i want a fast car. i own a GTO now and with my WRX i would like to match its speed. i know a WRXs top end speeds wont match a GTO, but i talk 0-60 and up to around 80mphs. if i had to buy modds today i probably would get the Cobb Stage 2. what can i still add to that?? or do u have any better ideas??
    Cobb Stage 2.5 ...stage 2 stuff + STi fuel injectors, and a VF34 turbo upgrade.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i dont

see a Stage 2.5. http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/

or are you saying i buy Stage 2 from them and then add STI fuel injectors and a VF34 Turbo upgrade on my own. how much extra hp and torque and price we talking????

see a Stage 2.5. http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/

or are you saying i buy Stage 2 from them and then add STI fuel injectors and a VF34 Turbo upgrade on my own. how much extra hp and torque and price we talking????
    did you mean "i dont see a stage 2.5?"
    VF34 93 oct map - http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/
    "VF34 map using 93 octane fuel. Requires VF34 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust. 320HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed." -cobb

do a search for prices.

so i add to Stage 2 Cobb.... the VF34 93 oct map, 93 octane fule (any gas station), a VF34 turbo, and STI injectors. i can keep my stock intake and intercooler?? doesn't stage 2 Cobb come with a TBE?? will i pass inspection with everyting above??
    so that 320 hp isnt whp the whp would be ( 20% loss X 320 hp) = 256???

so i add to Stage 2 Cobb.... the VF34 93 oct map, 93 octane fule (any gas station), a VF34 turbo, and STI injectors. i can keep my stock intake and intercooler?? doesn't stage 2 Cobb come with a TBE?? will i pass inspection with everyting above??
    so that 320 hp isnt whp the whp would be ( 20% loss X 320 hp) = 256???
    As long as you keep one cat in the TBE you will pass inspection. If you get one w/ a catpipe, or a high flow cat you will be fine.

I got the TurboXS stealthback. it has a cat in the midpipe, but the rest are gone. so i will pass inspection.

Yea 320 to the crank on a Mustang dyno.

a cat is?? if i buy Stage 2 Cobb, does that include a cat??

Pretty much if i buy Stage 2 cobb and add STi injector, VF34 turbo, and a VF34 93 oct map will i pass inspection?? or do i still have to add a cat??

A cat is a catalytic converter. You can buy Cobb stage 2 with or without a cat. Its more expensive with a cat. I couldn't tell you about passing inspection with it cause I don't have to worry about passing anything where I live.
    '04 PSM Stage 2 WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.