cRAzY dUDe - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on cRAzY dUDe within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, if it were a 2000 say 2.5RS that he turned into an sti, then that is something definitely special ...

Well, if it were a 2000 say 2.5RS that he turned into an sti, then that is something definitely special you don't see many of those around at all.

My assumtion is that he bought the 2.5 rs, then started modding it. Now when the STi came to the states in 2004, he decided that he would swap a USDM STi engine in.

Therefore, at the time he bought the car, the STI wasn't available to purchase yet.

Not trying to flame dude, just trying to get you to see what we are all talking about.

I believe a former member of this site (zooph) is going the same route with his 2.5rs? i forget.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    enthusiast, because i would rather buy a car for $32000 instead of building one on my own for $35000. (unless like people said earlier that he didnt have all the money at once, i can understand that) but if he built it jst so he could say he did it on his own doesnt make too much sense to me. i understand im not a car modded like alot of yous but that extra $3000 could have went a long way.
    Because people like you are unable to comprehend a few things:

1) insurance: modified WRX vs. STi = cheaper
    2) payment: WRX vs STi = cheaper (allowing us with other responsibilities to add mods as necessary. if im broke one month i just dont mod, whearas im late on a payment for my STi)
    3) for some people it is more fun to mod a car to the potential of a nother, even if it costs a bit more. i would MUCH rather spend the addl money (keeping in mind 1/2 above) if its nearly or the same amount to mod my WRX into a STi. the respect that someone gets with a stock STi and the respect someone gets who did all the work themselves to get a WRX to beat or match evenly with a STi is much higher. I found this out on my last car. not to toot my horn, but i found i was stupid. i loved my car but i always wanted an evo. at local meets i found that the people with stock (or stockish) evos which i wanted so bad, even though they would outrun my car, were much more interested in my car than the evo because i did the work, and often refused to talk about their cars and what they had done because they insisted all the custom work that went into my car was much better.

the point is, for some of us, this is a hobby. i take pride in doing everything from tire changing, dent removal, to tunning myself (except painting, which i dont have the tools nor the know-how to do), so its worth it to have a smaller car payment and mod on my own.

furthermore, when you go to trade in the car, lets compare two cars...WRX and STi. lets say the STi is stock and the money i spent on the WRX puts it on par with the STi. now we go to trade in the car. lets say we are even on both cars, made just minimum payments. i part out my car and get an extra 4-7 grand in cash, we both trade in our cars even up on the next car - i come out 4-7 thousand ahead of you because you cant remove all your stock parts.

granted, your car is going to be worht more - however, most times when peopel trade relatively new cars in, especially when they have made minimum payments (like me), they are just looking to break even (and if they expect more most times they are expecting too much), so it doesnt matter whether your car is 10k or 100k in worth if youre just breaking even. i on the other hand, will come out with 4-7 to put down on my next car.

thx

now i see it from another point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    now i see it from another point of view.
    You like the " " dont you?
    -Bruce

yea.

lol. i need help, what is the 0-60 on a WRX WITHOUT launching??????? wat will my 0-60 be in a WRX if i get it to stage 2 cobb with the converter??????????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    furthermore, when you go to trade in the car, lets compare two cars...WRX and STi. lets say the STi is stock and the money i spent on the WRX puts it on par with the STi. now we go to trade in the car. lets say we are even on both cars, made just minimum payments. i part out my car and get an extra 4-7 grand in cash, we both trade in our cars even up on the next car - i come out 4-7 thousand ahead of you because you cant remove all your stock parts.

granted, your car is going to be worht more - however, most times when peopel trade relatively new cars in, especially when they have made minimum payments (like me), they are just looking to break even (and if they expect more most times they are expecting too much), so it doesnt matter whether your car is 10k or 100k in worth if youre just breaking even. i on the other hand, will come out with 4-7 to put down on my next car.
    Just a realistic point to be made here. I paid 30 K for my STi. Traded it in with 33K miles on the odometer, converted back to stock form from a stage 2 Cobb. Got 26K in trade, plus around 3k for my mods. Do the math. I drove the car for 1K for almost 2 years. In the real world, the trade in value of an STi is being maintained much higher than a WRX. Dem's da' facts Put no money down on an STi, same for a WRX, then you mod the WRX to equal the STi. I think you forgot that is money spent on the WRX which to make it equal in all forms to an STi will cost more than an STi. Trade both cars in 2 years later, you'll see at least 30% more trade in value on the STi, and loose at least half of the value on your mods when you sell them. Your math doesn't work out in my head. Not slammin', just making an observation. Sorrry for the OT.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

you didnt read what i wrote.

i said if the STi was stock and the wrx was completely converted... and if youre just breaking even on the trade, two things you immediately threw out when you posted. im saying that regardless what the trade in value was, if you pay your minimum payments and trade up most times you are only going to get what you owe, if that when trading in. so regardless of your trade in value when you trade in and get what you owe, if that, it doesnt matter at all STi or WRX or pinto because the end result is "zero".

also remember what you think you got for your sti means nothing. the dealer will work numbers around to give you more or less on certain aspects to make you happy. if you are dead set on a good price for trade often the dealer will adjust the numbers to look like they are giving you more on trade.

not knocking you but check out what i wrote in my post, its completely different situation than to what you responded with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.