Hey everyone
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My name is Garrett and im 18 and currently employed by Turbonetics, i dont have my WRX yet but will ...

Hey everyone

My name is Garrett and im 18 and currently employed by Turbonetics, i dont have my WRX yet but will have an 05 STI in my driveway in the next month or 2. I just wanted to get to know a few of you and get to know first hand what these cars are like. I test drove one 2 days ago and I LOVED it. The only negative thing I have heard is that these cars have a lot of drivetrain problems. I would like to hear about some of your experiences with the STI before I drop $30 grand for one.
    Last edited by Drag_Knight; 07-14-2005 at 09:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX have drivetrain problems from people who abuse it a little to much. STI doesnt. it can hold around 600hp ish. You will be fine with the transmission if you get a STi.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

What ^^^ said.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

can't go wrong with the sti. The tranny is fine on the sti, damn fine I might say

Quote Originally Posted by Drag_Knight
    My name is Garrett and im 18 and currently employed by Turbonetics, i dont have my WRX yet but will have an 05 STI in my driveway in the next month or 2. I just wanted to get to know a few of you and get to know first hand what these cars are like. I test drove one 2 days ago and I LOVED it. The only negative thing I have heard is that these cars have a lot of drivetrain problems. I would like to hear about some of your experiences with the STI before I drop $30 grand for one.
    welcome SoCal brother.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Welcome!

Your name is Garrett, you work for Turbonetics, you drive a VR4, and are getting a STi...

You are strong with the (turbo) force...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome.. enjoy the club... n get a STi !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Welcome. Good choice!

welcome...i would def get the sti and i cant wait to see what turbo you throw on it too
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    welcome...i would def get the sti and i cant wait to see what turbo you throw on it too
    Yeah it will probably be a custom built ball bearing turbo with a high CFM and at least a 3 inch inlet. But ill try a few different setups and see which I like best.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.