Everyone Read!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Everyone Read! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a big delima on my hands. I currently own a 04 GTO and I have never lost a ...

Question Everyone Read!

I have a big delima on my hands. I currently own a 04 GTO and I have never lost a race. I mean Cameros, mustangs, civics "lol". It is an amazing feeling when I floor it, it feels like it takes 7 secs to reach 100mph. I know thats not correctl, but 350 hp is amazing. However, there are a few problems. First off I HATE TO LOSE, and as any car buff knows the new GTO got 400hp so I do not own the badest car anymore. Plus the rear wheel drive is a killer. In winter it feels like I have no control of my car. The 0-60 on my car is around 5.4 and I am very interested in gettin a new WRX, howevr I do NOT drive a stick. So will getttin rid of my GTO for a WRX be a terrible decision? what is the 0-60 on the WRX automatic. thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I donít think its what you would want, I think the wrx is going to be slower than want you are looking for coming from a GTO unless you plan to mod and the auto is even slower. for the price of the gto you should learn to drive a stick and go for an STI or an evo, any other fast car is pretty much going to be RWD and be hard to drive in the snow. and you might as well get accustom to loosing, there is always someone better.

Auto is a slouch compared to the stick... btw, a 5.4 0-60 time is abusing the car pretty badly which is different with awd compared to rwd.....

yes it will be a terrible decision IMO. First of all, the wrx 0-60 are somewhere in the 5 second range too, but thats deceptive because of the awd. Dont just look at 0-60 when shopping for a car. Now as far as an automatic wrx, there are alot of people that own them and they'll give you their opinion on it sicne ive never experienced one, but I can only assume it feels alot slower since its 4 gears and the lag on the wrx with an automatic wont be fun.

If anything, I say man up and learn to drive stick and get yourself an sti! You wont regret it and it doesnt take much to learn to drive stick, its like riding a bike once you get the hang of it. Making a move from a GTO to a wrx (especially auto) is like if a WRX owner moves to a civic or something. Either dont do it, accept losing or man up, learn to drive stick and get an sti

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    I have a big delima on my hands. I currently own a 04 GTO and I have never lost a race. I mean Cameros, mustangs, civics "lol". It is an amazing feeling when I floor it, it feels like it takes 7 secs to reach 100mph. I know thats not correctl, but 350 hp is amazing. However, there are a few problems. First off I HATE TO LOSE, and as any car buff knows the new GTO got 400hp so I do not own the badest car anymore. Plus the rear wheel drive is a killer. In winter it feels like I have no control of my car. The 0-60 on my car is around 5.4 and I am very interested in gettin a new WRX, howevr I do NOT drive a stick. So will getttin rid of my GTO for a WRX be a terrible decision? what is the 0-60 on the WRX automatic. thx

well u are in a delima then. WRX's are great for all season driving depending on how you are. you will lose a race in your GTO. the 07 GT500 will make sure of that. hell the new Z06's will make sure of that too. life isnt about winning or losing. a properly tuned and tweaked WRX/STi could (i didnt say it can, i said it could--meaning 50/50) beat up a muscle car from a dig. just gotta spend a couple thousand and they will hang or win.
    as for driving an automatic, that takes away from the whole sports car feeling. probably 75% of the WRX's out there are sticks.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Question well....

Im not into power sliding or hittin bends at 80mph. I like when a punk in a "suped up" car thinks he is ready to go, and ....... I stomp him severly. What is the 0-60 on the auto wrx? I read earlier on this site that you can "hook up" the auto wrx better than the stick. True? How much are we sayin I need to put into this car to beat a GTO? The rear wheel drive really sucks in snow. I mean I almost got killed pulling onto a highway. My back tires got stuck in slush and half of my car was stickin into traffic thats not good. thx for the previous replies.

hello?

any response???????????

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Learn how to drive stick, and get an STi or an EVO.
    btw, what color is your GTO?
    -Bruce

Just learn to drive stick. Everyone who currently drives one had to learn at some point. It is not the hardest thing in the world.

There will always be something faster out there. Get an STi and be faster than the majority.

Welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent
    GOOD READ AND FIND !!!!!!!
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Quote Originally Posted by racerWRX
    GOOD READ AND FIND !!!!!!!
    Agreed!!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

everyones telling you to man up and learn to drive stick, im sayin man up and learn RWD. jezus, i never had one problem in my older cars in the winter. even a 400ci one wheel peeler with torque almost double that of a wrx id say. no you dont want a wrx automatic. i think i saw thier 1/4 mile time stock was around 15.0-15.1. besides the fact that a man would drive manual sports cars....

btw i was going to upgrade to a gto (6SPD) myself but they were to high dollar. especially since the 04 autos gety horrible gas mileage from what i was told on gto boards.

Get rid of the GTO... not because you don't know how to drive it, (your don't) or because the WRX STi is a better car, (it is), but because the GTO is UGLY. Damned UGLY. It looks like a Grand Prix with a couple vents in the hood. UGLY.

A couple clean up items:

Learn to drive a stick

Learn to drive a RWD vehicle

That article was pretty good... I agree with it 100%... best part was: "apart from Ford's bargain-priced Mustang GT"...

You could have got an 05 GT for 10K less and spent that money on mods that would have gotten you a 430hp monster that would shred your GTO AND looks a hell of a lot better...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

ive gotten..

atleast a few complements everyweek bout my car. im not bein cocky or braggin. i mean from little kids to grown men who used to own an old GTO. the problem wit moding my car is.......... i dont no how. i am clueless when it comes to intake, and this, and that. it all sounds like "blah,blah,blah" to me. another concern is that modin my car will total end my waranty? im in a stick situation and need some advice. anything, i mean what to add to a GTO or WRX to make them beast? how much $ we talking. any advice will be greatly appreicated. thx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.