Everyone Read! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Everyone Read! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; but im pretty sure im definetly gettin rid of GTO. the price is too high and its only a lease ...

nope,

but im pretty sure im definetly gettin rid of GTO. the price is too high and its only a lease and i drive alot in the winter from aprt to school to my ladys school. so its probably a difinite on the WRX. wat would it cost to get my WRX to 300 hp?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    but im pretty sure im definetly gettin rid of GTO. the price is too high and its only a lease and i drive alot in the winter from aprt to school to my ladys school. so its probably a difinite on the WRX. wat would it cost to get my WRX to 300 hp?
    around 2.5-3k with good mods.

dude u are gonna shell out some major cash to get out of your lease early. i hope u are gonna finish it out. i just went through the whole deal of ending my lease early on a car and will never do it again. i have a rough idea how much u are paying if it is the same as mine. i am currently developing a plan to put some good cash down on my rex to bring my payments down more. the rex is suffering the aftermath of my stupid lease on an RX8. luckily it is better than what i went through in the lease!

to get 300hp to the wheels, it will cost u around $3-4k, maybe more with a damn good tune job to prevent u blowing something up. if u want to get to 300whp faster, get an STi and go from there. if u havent test drove an Sti in stock form yet, u better give it a shot. when i drove it, the boost kicked in on the 2.5L engine and it flew like it had a million HP. i never had a turbo car before and it was the greatest feeling in the world. i also test drove an 05 evo8 and i felt the same rush of boost throwing me back in my seat.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

k

thx. how much horse power can i add for about $1k. im interesed in the STI but its payments are gonna be high too.

I Support ClubWRX
    1K with used parts (Up pipe, down pipe, exhaust and cobb Stage 2). Here is a Cobb stage 2 graph. With an auto though, it will be quite a bit slower than a manual. You should be able to break 14 seconds in the quarter...maybe. You'll still beat civics though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ae-stage2-dyno.jpg  
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

thx. how much horse power can i add for about $1k. im interesed in the STI but its payments are gonna be high too.

how much time is left on your lease on your GTO?
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

heres

where it gets tricky. i dont exactly got a LEASE. i got a SmartLease. after 4 years i can get rid of car and start from scrach or i can keep payin payments and the car is mine. so im lookin to either sell it on my own (anyone interested???? 04GTO, black, automatic, they all come with same features, less than 9,000 miles) at first and if not then im gonna talk to a dealership.

where it gets tricky. i dont exactly got a LEASE. i got a SmartLease. after 4 years i can get rid of car and start from scrach or i can keep payin payments and the car is mine. so im lookin to either sell it on my own (anyone interested???? 04GTO, black, automatic, they all come with same features, less than 9,000 miles) at first and if not then im gonna talk to a dealership.
    Not really sure about the smartlease but chances are unless you put A LOT of money down you get screwed big time trading a car in the first two years.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

If you enjoy driving sports cars, you're wasting time not driving stick.

dR

OK, im going to sound like an a$$hole, but i think it needs to be said. If you don't understand cars, and you don't know what is needed to modify the car then you shouldnt be driving a performance oriented car.

Do a lot of reading, learn to drive stick, and then go get a mildly fast car, then work your way to a real sports car.

Did you put winter tires on your GTO? i find it hard to believe that a good set of winter tires couldnt get rid of the majority of your driving problems in the winter if you dont drive like a maniac.

I also personally love the GTO and i think its a really nice looking car, and probably the only American car i would consider buying. Especially with the performance package on the '05s or do a '05 Monaro conversion. very sexy.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    You need a Civic. That way you don't have high payments, you don'have to t drive a stick, and you don't have to mod your ride, (just put stickers on your windows)...

I cant wait until a Civic that is completely primered stickered up and ghetto fabulous destroys you in a race!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Man, seriously. I came off driving an automatic Mitsubishi eclipse... Then when i was looking at new cars i still didn't want a stick, and i used the same excuses. (It sucks in traffic, and all that stuff) ANyway, when i was at the acura dealership their was a perfect TSX that i liked, it was black/black leather, but it was a 6spd... So i said f-it, and it was the best thing i ever did. Learn to drive a manual... I have had my TSX for about a year and a half, and at first i was happy with it, but after getting comforitable with a manual trans i already need something faster... And after test driving several manuals, everything feels faster than a TSX, and it is.. But i guess i didn't originally get my TSX for performance, and i love my car for EVERYTHING except its performance.. But seriously, now im in the market for an STi. I dont plan on getting anything but MT's for a long time. So much damn fun!

P.S. First of all in my town, of about 80-100k population, we don't have hardly any STi's, and the subaru dealer never really gets them in... But when i asked if they test drove them, they said they dont let people test drive them.... maybe it was a BS excuse because im young, but did this happen to anyone else??? However if they knew i was a serious buyer, they'd probably let me test it out...

The TSX is a sweet car, i had an RSX. I love the looks of it. I cant wait till the AWD Turbo model comes out. (in development in japan already). But its not fast. 2.4L, 200hp, for all that weight? But it sure is pimp.

STi's are rarely test driven, same w/ Evo's, S2000's, or any low production, performance car that is usually required to have low miles for someone to buy it at a premium or near MSRP.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Ok, thanks DownShift, on the test drive info, thats what the dealers said, so i guess its not BS... And i can understand it anyway. However i am actually going to be looking for a used 05' with around 10k miles because thats about what my TSX has... i think 13k now.. But like i said, i absolutely love my TSX, other than performance! Only thing i dont like about the STi is the fact that the blue and black interior is the ONLY option, heh... But those are some of my favorite colors anyway. It looks cool. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.