Everyone Read! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Everyone Read! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you want a modable car, once again, the GTO is NOT what you want... with only 2 model years ...

If you want a modable car, once again, the GTO is NOT what you want... with only 2 model years in the books, there is practicaly NO aftermarket. For mods you want an established vehicle. The scooby is one. Lots of mods, (even though I don't understand them). The older GMs have mods, but no new models, (GM gave up in the muscle car war). There are a million Mustangs out there... and there are a billion parts to put on them. Go buy yourself a 89 LX and you will find so many ways to make your ride faster, it is insane...

BUT.... if you are having trouble driving a RWD car, DON'T even consider it... go get something with FWD... at least you won't be spinning into a ditch...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i understand

that an automatic wrx is not gonna be close to my GTO, but wat would i have to add to it and how much would it cost to make my future wrx fast? not faster than GTO but i have been readin websites where peop that own WRXs talk bout racing civics and neon and they are close races. I want to be able to still beat alot of peop. i understand that i wont be able to beat as many varietys as i can now wit my GTO but i want to be able to beat the majority. wat needs to be added and how much?

and

for who ever asked earlier my GTO is black

so focused...

if what you want is a production car that is fast, get the STi... same or better performance as your GTO, equivilant price.

If you want something to mod... to work on... to make your OWN... get whatever floats your boat... there is likely some performance pieces out there. The WRX community has a LOT of mods around... there are a ton of things you can do with your car, (even though I don't understand most of them)... I have started to think of the WRX community like the Mustang community... tons of mods, and tons of modders... and most everyone is cool...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

but

my GTOs payments are a bit high. thats y i want to get the WRX, so i dont think the STI is possible, plus i dont drive a stick and i dont want to. and im not really into buildin my own ride. like im not a car buff. i know pretty much NOTING bout moddin cars. i would add a few things to my car, like my buddy was sayin an intake, an exaust, and someother stuff. i was wonder how much horsepower i could add to my car for about $3000 - $4000. and would i still have an active warnty and would my WRX still be legal?

You need a Civic. That way you don't have high payments, you don'have to t drive a stick, and you don't have to mod your ride, (just put stickers on your windows)...

If you want to know about modding a WRX please check out the sticky that is in this forum and the engine performance forum. All this info you need is there for you.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    that an automatic wrx is not gonna be close to my GTO, but wat would i have to add to it and how much would it cost to make my future wrx fast? not faster than GTO but i have been readin websites where peop that own WRXs talk bout racing civics and neon and they are close races. I want to be able to still beat alot of peop. i understand that i wont be able to beat as many varietys as i can now wit my GTO but i want to be able to beat the majority. wat needs to be added and how much?
    Winning and loses races is all relative to whats done to the cars that are racing. For instance, I own a slighty modded 05' STi and my brother has a 98' Intergra GSR that can put bus lengths on me from any mph. See what I mean, anybody can make any car fast weather its a geo or a lambo, and no matter what you drive you'll always take an occasional loss.

obviously some people dont know what the gto is here.

1. it looks more like a cadillac catera since its made on the same platform.... yes it is.
    2. the gto carries what V8? LS1. tons and tons of parts are there for it. for 5-6k you could be making about 390 RWhp/tq with a supercharger ( http://www.magnacharger.com/) which will be coming soon or go to :
    http://www.slponline.com/
    http://www.arrowheadperformance.com/ <tons of packages but $$$
    http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp
    http://www.moderndaymusclecars.com/gto.html 410-650hp packages
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...ar/04_gto.html
    http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_pon_350.htm

want more read some good pontiac magazines or got to www.highperformancepontiac.com

3. thier only downside is IRS when it comes to straightline performance
    4. thier built to compete with BMW!!!! not a bunch of sport compacts

i would list more but hey im done. i recomend anything but a mustang since my mom owns a mustang and so do 2 people i know and they suck. my mom even stopped me from getting one.

Keep the GTO and get in with some friends who can teach you how to drive it properly. There is a huge difference between driving and knowing what you're doing behind the wheel. I'm a professional driver and you wouldn't believe how many asshats (thanks for my new favorite word, whoever came up with it) in a "fast" car will haul ass, pull in front of a vehicle that outweighs theirs by a factor of 10, slam on the brakes, and turn, hoping they don't get a huge push from the truck or bus they just cut off.

As for driving in snow, all wheel drive won't make up for stupidity. If you're trying to get somewhere in a hurry and there's ice and snow on the road, you're a certified idiot! If you're trying to get on the highway in such conditions and hoping horsepower will save you from the car coming down the road, you are an idiot in an incestuous relationship with your mom!

I live in South Dakota and we get tons of snow in the winter. I have a Jeep Cherokee set up for snow driving and I still take it easy. You wouldn't believe how many boobs in Jeeps, Tahoes, Hummers, Exploders, you name it with four wheel drive. they have to pull out of ditches after the first snow here. Not to mention trucks that got caught up in the aforementioned idiot's problems.

Get up earlier, take it easy, and survive. Don't wrap your car around something else because you didn't prepare. Watch the weather. Know how much time it takes to get to work in those conditions. Life isn't a race. Who's in a hurry to die?

Oh, yeah! Welcome, from a relatively new guy.

;

ok i understand about drivin in the snow and i no i cant drive fast or switch lanes and all that but i mean i seriously spin tire just drivin down my streets. like if there is ANY slush on the road im in deep... poop, lol. but im serious. its so hard pullin on to roads and mergin into traffic. cuz my tires start slippin and i stop moving the direction i want to go. it suks, im seriously drive my dad CRV and trade him my GTO when the weather gets bad.

some questions still not answered....

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    i understand everyone is gonna lose but what needs to be added and how much will it cost to make a WRX fast. like not ferrir fast. im sayin i dont want to be compared to a NEON SRT or lancer or any other cars like that. where i live i dotn see to many FAST CARS (GTOs, Porsches, Shelby GT 500s, STIs, and other top end cars) and i want to be able to beat the rest. I DO NOT PROFESSIONAL RACE OR RACE FOR MONEY. im talkin i want to be able to beat cars when they pull up next to me. IM NOT SAYIN EVERY CAR. im sayin the ones i am normally gonna see. so will someone or as many people as possible give me an idea of what i need to add to a WRX, and how much it will cost???? also it must all be legal, and i would like it if it didnt ruin my waranty. PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    obviously some people dont know what the gto is here.

1. it looks more like a cadillac catera since its made on the same platform.... yes it is.
    oooh... how snide...

05 GTO

05 Catera

The only similiarity is they are both ugly...

Back OT... probably the best way you can find out how to make your future WRX faster is to read the stickied thread on first mods.

whoa they still make cateras! thats surprises me...

Your GTO is goign to kick the snot out of most cars on the road, your WRX will not. IF you want a warrrenty with your WRX you cannot really do any mods on it and keep your warrenty,and you will need mods to hang with your GTO. Have you tried snow tires for your goat?
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.