Got a New Ride!!!

View Poll Results: Should I paint it all black or leave the two-tone?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

15 88.24%
  • Keep it

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got a New Ride!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, I'm new to the area, and loving every min. of it so far. I've been wanting a WRX ...

Got a New Ride!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the area, and loving every min. of it so far.

I've been wanting a WRX for awhile now, and just this past sat. I finally got one! It was a awesome deal! The ONLY thing is that a dealership had it and they didn't know anything really about it, besides it has the greddy E-01 and timer. Air/Fuel and Boost gauges. So I've been told the "whole air/ fuel managment system has been worked on". And when I look into the engine I do know that I have a cold air intake and a greddy BOV... but thats about it... Also, I do have the check engine light on, and the guy said that was because of the air/fuel system....

I think the E-01 needs some reprograming just because it runs ok, but I know it can be better...

Here are some pics, and let me know what you think, and if you know it has a drop on it or not, and what I should I check to see what was been done...

jake

Ps ----- IGNORE THE LIC. PLATE! It was on my wife's old car!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01155.jpg   DSC01156.jpg   DSC01159.jpg   DSC01168.jpg   DSC01172.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is the bodykit c/f?....if not i think it would look alot better painted
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and good luck with the new toy! You have found a great place here to learn about them.

they engine lights on?.... does it have exhaust or a Downpipe with out a cat?

t
    Looks good, but i'll bet you something is gonna go sooner or later with those mods.

The ground effects are just a flat black, I thought they were CF when I first saw the pictures of the car too... I am thinking of painting it this coming summer, but it's still up in the air...

It looks like the exhaust is stock from what I see... the code it's throwing is a misfire code in cy 1 and 2 I think.... I'm going to change the plugs this weekend and just hope it's that...

I do want this car to last me so , how should I reprogram the E-01? Should I set it for like 15lbs of boost just so it doesn't overkill it?

Like I said I'm new to this area of cars, so I'm alittle lost really... The only other turbo cars I've worked on was my friends 89 and 92 Daytona Shelby and Daytona Iroc which were pretty fast cars, but things were alittle more simple, less computing tuning...

thanks for the info....

I'd say go get it checked out by some suby tunner because the misfire most propably is not due to the spark plugs but rather to the extensive mods that were put on this car, and then taken off. You are better off paying for that instead of trying to look for the problem yourself and then blowing your motor.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 07-14-2005 at 05:48 AM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

OK, makes some sence... the only thing, To my knowledge the guy left everything he did to it, on the car, the E01 just needs to be reprogramed... which I just d/led the manual and I plan to start working on that this weekend....

Also, Not that I even want to say this but the other night just out of habit, I thru in some 87 w/out even thinking about it.... It wasn't even the first time I've filled it up either...

And now my car hates me.... I put in some 'performance' octane boost in it, and that helped alittle bit, but now I'm just waiting for it to get back down to quarter of a tank to fill back up w/ 93.... It sputters, and doesn't want to move half the time, BASICLLY IT SUCKS!!!!!!!
    I can't even believe that I did it, since I have been warning my wife about that since we got it sat!

Welcome, have fun!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Nice ride, but paint that body kit.

the air intake and BOV
    -Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    is the bodykit c/f?....if not i think it would look alot better painted

Even if it is....

Paint that sh!t
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Even if it is....

Paint that sh!t
    + 99999999999-

I would paint the side effects either silver to match the car, or the whole car black and then put a gloss coating on the side effects. Right now it looks too much like patch works (at least from the side view, first pic), other angles not so bad.

Very nice side effects, rims, and cleared headlights btw!!

I would srongly suggest taking the intake and bov out and see how the car runs. These are not the first two mods you should be putting on. Taking the off and replacing the stock intake and bov will make your car much happier.

Welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

1. paint body kit
    2. rip off silly mirror tint
    3. keep CF trunk
    4. get CF hood
    5. rip off BOV and CAI, replace with SUBARU parts
    6. Enjoy!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast