Got a New Ride!!! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should I paint it all black or leave the two-tone?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

15 88.24%
  • Keep it

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Got a New Ride!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thanks for the info guys, I'm just wondering why the car would not like a cai? I have heard that ...

thanks for the info guys, I'm just wondering why the car would not like a cai? I have heard that the AFMRT BOV can cause you too have some problems.....

thanks again for the input...

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    I would srongly suggest taking the intake and bov out and see how the car runs. These are not the first two mods you should be putting on. Taking the off and replacing the stock intake and bov will make your car much happier.

Welcome to the club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGotBoost
    thanks for the info guys, I'm just wondering why the car would not like a cai? I have heard that the AFMRT BOV can cause you too have some problems.....

thanks again for the input...
    The stock intake is very well designed and a CAI causes this engine to run very lean if not tuned for it. Lastly there are very minimal gains that you would get even if tuned before you have an aftermarket turbo and FMIC.

Check this thread out.
    club wrx saved my car
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quite Interesting, Well then, does anyone have a stock intake system, since this one just came w/ the car....

and with the BOV, right now it's running alittle rich because of the fuel management system, so I just think I need to work w/ that alittle to make it run right, since I don't have a stock BOV to just put back on...

Thanks again.....

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Paint the kit silver.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Yea I agree on painting the kit silver, put not not the trunk, it looks good with those wheels. Nice car though. Congrats on the purchase.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, since no one said it yet, I think you should paint the body kit. It looks cheesy like that.

congrats on the find..Look EVERYWHERE for mods. I got my car like 3months ago and have found at least 1,500 worth of mods. heck it even had a VF30 instead of the td-04 .

+3456jr84u6j634533655664576
    for painting the kit.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

ya I know what you mean, I just looked behind the tire and found out that I have adj. coil overs.... I have not pulled the wheel yet (since there is nut lockers and no key-yet) so I don't know if it's just the bolt on kit thing or a real setup....

But it's still good news for me since living in VT I need to raise it to stock so I can get thru the winters....

WRX
    looks ghey unpainted.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I just bought a 2003 subaru wrx that is already pretty well hooked up with exhuast, intake, BOV, Downpipe, Chip, Stage 4 Turbo, 1,000 gunmetal rims on toyo tires, H&r lowering springs gauges boost and Air fuel the car is 350 horses to the wheels dont have pic yet will soon

I Support ClubWRX
    Paint the kit, get a carbon fiber hood to match, (dont paint the carbon fiber). I know it sounds wierd when people tell you to remove the CAI. But I bought a ton of parts for my Scoob before I even had the car. (waitting for the dealer to get me the color I wanted) I bought a CAI, so I threw it on and these guys said take it off so I did. The power band seems a lot larger and it seems like the power comes on stronger down lower, these guys know what they are talkin about!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.