New Guy Saying Hello...Pics - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New Guy Saying Hello...Pics within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH Thats funny, I wouldn't wish suicide doors on anyones car either. I respect that and your ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Thats funny, I wouldn't wish suicide doors on anyones car either.
    I respect that and your entitled to your own opinion. However if someone does have a picture of any I would like to see it being that I am an open-minded person when it comes to this topic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I'm ignorant

and you're an idiot for putting suicide doors on a turd.
    Ah don't get mad now, I mean your comments surely don't represent who you are. Or do they?

Quote Originally Posted by CruzWRX
    Ah don't get mad now, I mean your comments surely don't represent who you are. Or do they?

They sure do, I'm someone that likes go more than show.

Sorry if I'm not turned on by cars that look like they came from the fast and furious.

I understand completely what you arer saying and thanks for the welcome. I am not the kind of person to discourage someone from modding their car no matter what their path is to doing it. Coming from the Celica forums and being one of the older guys lenght wise on there I understand how important it is to support each other instead of being ignorant about someone's situation and likes.

I plan on using my car for both go and show but have decided to first feed my suspension needs. I am going road racing next month so I have already upgraded to

1. Cusco Zero-1 Coilovers,
    2. Cusco Rear Sway Bar
    3. Cusco Lower Arm Brace v2 and
    4. Perrin Rear End Links.

I must say I very happy with the upgrades and can't wait to put them to the test. Once I finish putting some more suspension upgrades such as bushings, front sway and endlinks I plan to upgrade my turbo, get sti pinks and pde up/down pipe with some kind of management to get me where I will have a relaible yet powerful car for my needs. After that I do plan to do some exterior upgrades but I am yet undecided on what I will do. However I look forward to getting "worthy" input from all those on here with experience on this car yet so new to me.

the power upgrades seem pretty proven and on point.. just missing the fuel pump and catless upipe (wrxen have 3 cats... 1 preturbo, 2 post)

as far us roadcourse running, it might be an idea to get an upgraded rad as well too, just to keep things cool under the hood.

how are you finding the ride on teh cusco coilovers in the street??
    I used to have a set of H&R's which were more for street, but I still could not stand the ride on them... tooo damn harsh... The car looked absolutely killer on them though, but I could not stand to drive the car for long periods of time. I eventually caved and went back to H&R springs on the stock struts for a much more stock-like ride.

on the appearance deptartment, it is all subjective, so do whatever you like there since it is YOUR car, but i am sure that you will find more than enough input from other members when it comes to perormance mods, since a lot of us here have 'been there, and done that'..
    Last edited by jigga; 07-11-2005 at 02:33 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

They sure do, I'm someone that likes go more than show.

Sorry if I'm not turned on by cars that look like they came from the fast and furious.
    Well in that case I retract my previous statement

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    the power upgrades seem pretty proven and on point.. just missing the fuel pump and catless upipe (wrxen have 3 cats... 1 preturbo, 2 post)

as far us roadcourse running, it might be an idea to get an upgraded rad as well too, just to keep things cool under the hood.

how are you finding the ride on teh cusco coilovers in the street??
    I used to have a set of H&R's which were more for street, but I still could not stand the ride on them... tooo damn harsh... The car looked absolutely killer on them though, but I could not stand to drive the car for long periods of time. I eventually caved and went back to H&R springs on the stock struts for a much more stock-like ride.

on the appearance deptartment, it is all subjective, so do whatever you like there since it is YOUR car, but i am sure that you will find more than enough input from other members when it comes to perormance mods, since a lot of us here have 'been there, and done that'..
    You know I had not thought about upgrading my radiator. Thanks for the info, I've been doing a lot of reading and searching on my free time trying to gain more knowledge about our cars.

As far as the Cusco coilovers go I am very impressed with their performace and even though the price is a tad high its well worth it. It handles like a dream will little to no body roll. The Azusa Cayon is about 2 minutes from my work and the times I have gone up the difference over stock was increadible. From previous experience I have owned Tein Coilovers which where to much of a rough ride for me and not enough performance. Before I had the Cusco Zero-1 though I had Eibach on my WRX and that ride was more smooth but not enough performance.

Yeah I plan to get the catless pipes and fuel pump as well. Any one turbo you recommend? Im hoping to make 300 to the wheels!

300whp is doable, but not in a VF30 on pump no matter what others tell you. On an optimistic dyno, yeh, you can get the numbers, but the track performance will not add up. The VF30 is rated at 350 crank HP by the manufacturer, which is not 300whp . On race gas, you can get there, but not pump.

If this is on 91 octane gas, you will be hard-pressed to get there on stock block.

If you get 93+octane gas, an 18G or bigger turbo will get you there. I got above 300 on 94 octane, but I run an 1820 turbo which goes for roughly twice what an 18G goes for..

You got a bit more reading to do
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    300whp is doable, but not in a VF30 on pump no matter what others tell you. On an optimistic dyno, yeh, you can get the numbers, but the track performance will not add up. The VF30 is rated at 350 crank HP by the manufacturer, which is not 300whp . On race gas, you can get there, but not pump.

If this is on 91 octane gas, you will be hard-pressed to get there on stock block.

If you get 93+octane gas, an 18G or bigger turbo will get you there. I got above 300 on 94 octane, but I run an 1820 turbo which goes for roughly twice what an 18G goes for..

You got a bit more reading to do
    Yeah I will have to be doing more research to see what kind of parts I want to get in order to achieve a certain goal in hp. Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. As for future plans for the Rex, I plan to finish my suspension set up and then move on to produce more power. I've been doing a lot of reading, there is so much information on here I pass hours reading and searching
    Hi Joey. Beautiful Bugeye ! Love those wheels. You're off to a good start by researching first. I say do whatever you like to your car- it's yours!!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Hi Joey. Beautiful Bugeye ! Love those wheels. You're off to a good start by researching first. I say do whatever you like to your car- it's yours!!
    Thanks

Welcome!!

Good move working on the suspension first before the power.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome!!

Good move working on the suspension first before the power.
    Thank you!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123