New Guy Saying Hello...Pics - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Guy Saying Hello...Pics within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CruzWRX LOL, they were actually a pain on the celica because those doors are so heavy! so ...

Quote Originally Posted by CruzWRX
    LOL, they were actually a pain on the celica because those doors are so heavy!
    so that means you wont, or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i like both of ur cars!
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

hola... nice lookin ride .. have fun with it...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by o2sys
    i like both of ur cars!
    Thanks I do miss my celica!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    so that means you wont, or what?
    Who knows what the future will bring for my car.

Who knows what the future will bring for my car.

if it brings suicide doors, I hope the next thing it brings is a large can of gasoline and a match to ignite it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    if it brings suicide doors, I hope the next thing it brings is a large can of gasoline and a match to ignite it.
    So much for the love huh! I guess just like in our society today there must be standard for all those who think how a car should look like or not. Unlike other people I respect everyoneís distinctive flavor. I am not saying those are the kind of doors I plan to get if anything but who are we to tell anyone which modifications are acceptable?

I didn't say it was unacceptable, I just said if done I hope someone lights it on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I didn't say it was unacceptable, I just said if done I hope someone lights it on fire.
    Well I don't wish upon anyone that someone lights their car on fire no matter what their modifications are so I would appreciate if you didnít on mine!

Thanks

welcome...

Don't mind the comments, it is just that many on this board and in the community in general pride themselves on mods that are related more to substance over style. Performance mods are great, but not too many in here are into the combat body kits and clothesline wings and lambo-doors and Altezza-style tail lamps and the like...

Dont get me wrong, there are lots of mods out there that will make the car look nicer, but you will find that many of these parts are actually oem parts from the Japanese cars that make the car look really good, without it comming off as all show and no go OR all flash and no dash.. Catch my drift?

From my travels, it seems that the accepted path for mods is on a heavy emphasis on performance mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, powertrain mods, drivetrain mods etc), with a lighter emphasis on visual mods (wings, body kits, etc ).

Good luck with the car
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Well I don't wish upon anyone that someone lights their car on fire no matter what their modifications are so I would appreciate if you didnít on mine!

Thanks

Thats funny, I wouldn't wish suicide doors on anyones car either.

As for clarification, I was being sarcastic about the Lambo doors on the WRX. I just don't see it working on a four door compact sedan. However there is a guy on this board that has Lambo doors on his silver bug eye it is looked pretty nice. Just for the heck of it, does anyone have a picture of a WRX with suicide doors on the rear doors and Lambo doors in the front?

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    welcome...

Don't mind the comments, it is just that many on this board and in the community in general pride themselves on mods that are related more to substance over style. Performance mods are great, but not too many in here are into the combat body kits and clothesline wings and lambo-doors and Altezza-style tail lamps and the like...

Dont get me wrong, there are lots of mods out there that will make the car look nicer, but you will find that many of these parts are actually oem parts from the Japanese cars that make the car look really good, without it comming off as all show and no go OR all flash and no dash.. Catch my drift?

From my travels, it seems that the accepted path for mods is on a heavy emphasis on performance mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, powertrain mods, drivetrain mods etc), with a lighter emphasis on visual mods (wings, body kits, etc ).

Good luck with the car
    I understand completely what you arer saying and thanks for the welcome. I am not the kind of person to discourage someone from modding their car no matter what their path is to doing it. Coming from the Celica forums and being one of the older guys lenght wise on there I understand how important it is to support each other instead of being ignorant about someone's situation and likes.

I plan on using my car for both go and show but have decided to first feed my suspension needs. I am going road racing next month so I have already upgraded to

1. Cusco Zero-1 Coilovers,
    2. Cusco Rear Sway Bar
    3. Cusco Lower Arm Brace v2 and
    4. Perrin Rear End Links.

I must say I very happy with the upgrades and can't wait to put them to the test. Once I finish putting some more suspension upgrades such as bushings, front sway and endlinks I plan to upgrade my turbo, get sti pinks and pde up/down pipe with some kind of management to get me where I will have a relaible yet powerful car for my needs. After that I do plan to do some exterior upgrades but I am yet undecided on what I will do. However I look forward to getting "worthy" input from all those on here with experience on this car yet so new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by trippy
    As for clarification, I was being sarcastic about the Lambo doors on the WRX. I just don't see it working on a four door compact sedan. However there is a guy on this board that has Lambo doors on his silver bug eye it is looked pretty nice. Just for the heck of it, does anyone have a picture of a WRX with suicide doors on the rear doors and Lambo doors in the front?
    I understood your comment and brought a smile to my face. Is just other people on here that I rather not talk about whos ignorance amuses me.

Yeah I'm ignorant

and you're an idiot for putting suicide doors on a turd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast