"NEW" member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on "NEW" member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, i'm new to clubwrx but not new to the subaru community and definately not new to automotive performance. ...

"NEW" member

hey everyone, i'm new to clubwrx but not new to the subaru community and definately not new to automotive performance. a little background, i'm a double associate graduate in autmotive technology with automotive and motorsports certificates. i attended bridgestone racing academy where i built a 1985 reynard F200 open wheel race car and then drove it through my race licensing courses. i've done turbo kits on subarus and engine swaps. i've been around the block a couple times but i'm just now doing a wrx swap into my 2000RS, the motor is coming out of a 2000RS, and i'm alsousing a wrx xmember, power steering pump,lines,rack, wrx lower control arms. it shouldn't be too much longer until i'm back on the road. so i figured since i'm essentially going to be a wrx i might as well join a wrx forum and learn some more about them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome! This is a good place to learn of all things Subaru.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ what he said

Welcome and enjoy the site !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

welcome
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

I Support ClubWRX
    sweet, I love that body style!!!!!!!! If they only came that way stock here in the US!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

holy shiznit, man i wish nasioc did last post first. i hate always having to goto the end to see what was said last.

my engine swap is done! check it out pics in the link aren't updated. the last ones were taken when the car wasn't running and the front end wasn't even back on yet.

welcome to the club and post some pics of the swap
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

thanks, i've been here for a little while now. i don't post much tho. i'm on nasioc most of the time.

Great job on the swap!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Wow that is a lot of work! Welcome to the club!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

thanks a lot guys. it wasn't that much work. having done a few engine swaps and pullin gmotors for turbo ki installs with clutched and injectors and stuff i'm pretty used to the general procedure involved in this. it was a little tougher this time just because i really did have to do just about everything other than the wiring alone. and its not like i had a lift either. the real work will be when i take over the unfinished half of my parent's basement for the motor rebuild when i get sick of bolt ons and reflashes........ Axis stage 4.5 2.4L short block with my own custom reworked heads with axis racing dual spring Ti valvetrain. that long block assembly alone will give me a 9500rpms redline redic!!

actually the work will start way before that now that i think about it. i'm going to run the wrx tranny case and rear with a kaaz gear set and cusco front and center diffs. i havn't rebuilt a tranny since i was in school so that will be some interesting times.

Nice. I know someone who's doing a 2.0 liter JDM STi engine swap into his 2.5RS, same body style as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by HK8834
    Nice. I know someone who's doing a 2.0 liter JDM STi engine swap into his 2.5RS, same body style as yours.
    what year is the STi ej20 he's using? i wonder if its a 207, if it is tell your friend they're very lucky and to take care of that car. if he hurts that block he's got skillz

Ian
    Welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast