old and new
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on old and new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Learned a lot snooping here and getting ready to buy an 02 or 03 WRX wagon. I used to drive ...

old and new

Learned a lot snooping here and getting ready to buy an 02 or 03 WRX wagon. I used to drive British L. Midgets & Triumphs back in the 70's and then fixed up a Datsun 510 in the 80's. Lately it has been my '67 Plymouth GTX with a 440. Gas prices and a wish for something different - so the GTX will be sold soon.

GTX is here http://cars-on-line.com/19458.html

My other hobby (business too) can be seen here
    http://www.artactiveonline.com/Art/O...p?ArtistID=116

Test drove an EVO and not having driven a manual trans lately REALLY showed. It was embarrassing and I immediately felt like I would need training, my own track and an "in" with the local cops in order to get the $ & fun out of a car like that. The wings on STI and EVO are like big "arrest me" flags. Guess the WRX will do me just fine.

So there's a few to be bought around No Kal, just a matter of selecting one. This is a great site to learn what's needed.

Thank you - Denny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Is there a glossary to define acronyms, terms and slang for Subaru, turbo and tuner talk for the newbies? I understand most of it, but there are a few that I don't get yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Acronyms? Give this link a try: http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/faq/faq2.html

OK - that's just what I needed. I checked out your '04 & I'm partial to silver. Looks like you got a nice location and a nice camera too. Guess I got you by a few years - YOB '57. Doesn't affect your bio though!

Is there anyway to search for members close to my location?

BTW I work for a company that manufactures and sells airflow measurement equipment so I might be a good resource for related questions.
    Here's our not-so-good website http://www.airmonitor.com
    We do HVAC, Process/Industrial and Power - not too much hot-wire/thermal or the small mass-flow instruments found in vehicles. I help reps & customers in the western states and Pac Rim to apply our products and have gotten pretty good at straightening out folks who've bought into the various "airflow measurement myths" that float around.

OK back to the 'subies for sale'

Welcome! Your pics are amazing!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thanks Brents
    Had my first exhibit last month. Sold some, good turn-out and had fun.

Welcome Denny

I have to agree with you 100% on the wing, I had my wrx 2 years and only got stopped once for going almost double the speed limit. Loud exhaust stage 4++, had my evo 11 days and got pulled over for the exhaust. hah! The wing does it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.