traded in the rx8 for the sti - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on traded in the rx8 for the sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXSTiGirl I still can't hold myself from glancing and looking back at the RX-8s when they pass ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSTiGirl
    I still can't hold myself from glancing and looking back at the RX-8s when they pass by me.
    -WRXSTiGirl
    When they pass by u . haha just messin with ya. yea there nice never drove one but yea great choice man.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    more like I spent less for a more powerful car and a better handling car. end of story.

Also, I don't have the lame "boy racer blue" interior.
    Wow, seriously whats your problem. Don't you know people don't like the "MY STUFF IS BETTER THAN YOURS!" attitude. Especially when your argument has no basis on reality.

True, you can make a WRX faster cheaper than an STi but you are missing out on many things the STi and lets get some facts straight.

WRX - MSRP 25,045
    +USED UTEC = $500
    +USED uppipe/downpipe/cat-back = $600
    +USED deadbolt zilla 18G = $700
    +USED injectors = $150
    +fuel pump = $100
    +USED intercooler = $100

Ok, now who did the installs and tuning. I'm sure with your attitude you will say you did even if you didn't so no point in arguing that.

Now you still need to get that upgraded tranny to handle the power
    +$1000

Oops, don't forget a clutch
    +$500

and brakes (rotors/pads/lines)....
    +$750

now handling...

Wheels, tires, springs, struts, sways...
    we'll say you get an amazing deal and pay $3000 total.

whats your total (not including a few $1000 if you are not doing the work yourseld)

=$32,445

and hey look at that what is the MSRP of an STi $32,445 (wow I seriously didn't plan for that to happen)

But mine is new and yours is put together like a junkyard car with used parts. And I have a warranty.If you paid for parts new, you would easily be well over a new STi.

Bottom line; don't compare apples to oranges. If you insist, like everyone else pointed out, I know of a dodge Omni that is a "more powerful car and a better handling car. end of story."

Some personal advise... loose that attitude and you will get alot more out of life.

amen
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by STiDriven
    Some personal advise... loose that attitude and you will get alot more out of life.
    +954.31

Well i bout my 2005 for like 22k. A little hail dammage but there u go. u tell me. strap a used v-12 in tercel. Or SAVE UP and buy a viper venom .

Just beacouse u save money dont mean anythings better. u pay 100 dollars for a paint job you get 100 dollars worth of paint(and dirt and hair and boogers) If you pay 2000 dollars for a paint job. you get a 2000 dollar job. just my $.026
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

wrx addicted, you have one of the worst attitude on clubwrx. You know how psychologist explain ***** envy? well you have STI envy. First of all, people break ra gears and they have been breaking them a lot more lately. Plus a stage 2 wrx WILL not take a god damn sti. I had both and sti raped cars i would barely beat with my wrx. BTW, i really love how everything you got is used. ALSO dont you think fawkn handling matters at all? you have no mention of any suspension work. OH also, good luck with stock wrx brakes and all that power, i'll be at your funeral if you ever do that. Btw who's tunning your car?? also do you really think a stock wrx engine can handle 330whp without blowing up?? Just ask 13secwrx, his running a 2.5 liter now. WRX engine will eventually grenade itself with that much power if driven hard. SO you might as well add a swap to it. After all this, your car is built from a bunch of used parts and your car isnt reliable. If you actually go with new parts and do a swap, get an actual tranny that can handle power, go with handling, brakes etc etc you wll spend more than the worth of a sti and not have warranty, but you do that buddy. Dont be a stupid fawkn ricer. 330whp with stock exterior, stock suspension, stock block, stock brakes. Forest Lawn mortuary is calling, go reserve your spot.

btw go to that thread about how much people spent on their cars and the ones that are quicker than stock stis or stage 2 stis (its really easy going stage 2 so most sti's are atleast stage 2), you'll see that they have all spent well over 10k. Have a nice day now
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    wrx addicted, you have one of the worst attitude on clubwrx. You know how psychologist explain ***** envy? well you have STI envy. First of all, people break ra gears and they have been breaking them a lot more lately. Plus a stage 2 wrx WILL not take a god damn sti. I had both and sti raped cars i would barely beat with my wrx. BTW, i really love how everything you got is used. ALSO dont you think fawkn handling matters at all? you have no mention of any suspension work. OH also, good luck with stock wrx brakes and all that power, i'll be at your funeral if you ever do that. Btw who's tunning your car?? also do you really think a stock wrx engine can handle 330whp without blowing up?? Just ask 13secwrx, his running a 2.5 liter now. WRX engine will eventually grenade itself with that much power if driven hard. SO you might as well add a swap to it. After all this, your car is built from a bunch of used parts and your car isnt reliable. If you actually go with new parts and do a swap, get an actual tranny that can handle power, go with handling, brakes etc etc you wll spend more than the worth of a sti and not have warranty, but you do that buddy. Dont be a stupid fawkn ricer. 330whp with stock exterior, stock suspension, stock block, stock brakes. Forest Lawn mortuary is calling, go reserve your spot.

btw go to that thread about how much people spent on their cars and the ones that are quicker than stock stis or stage 2 stis (its really easy going stage 2 so most sti's are atleast stage 2), you'll see that they have all spent well over 10k. Have a nice day now
    wow
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

his just so god damn annoying, hatorade much? btw that whole post isnt with sh!t he put on his car, its a respond to his list of mods on this thread he listed he ''would'' put on a car.

I Support ClubWRX
    his just so god damn annoying, hatorade much? btw that whole post isnt with sh!t he put on his car, its a respond to his list of mods on this thread he listed he ''would'' put on a car.
    I feel ya, just seemed like you were taking his posts personally, which just leads to stress, ya know?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

haha nah, he has only like 300 threads about the same crap. no stress

I Support ClubWRX
    Good choice in cars. The RX8 is a unique good looking vehicle, but for power (and handling IMHO..regardless of what all the mags say) the STi is where it's at in comparison.

As far as the "discussion" about building a WRX to equal an STi, all of those in the know understand that it takes a lot more than just the engine builds to make it happen...so don't sweat it if some choose to remain in denial. Not worth the effort, although I've been know to wade in a time or two so I can understand where everyone is coming from.

I still remember when the STi first came out and a mag did a shootout of 3 built WRX's against a stock STi in overall performance. If I remember correctly, they all had some outrageous amount of money sunk into them....and still couldn't pull out an overall win..and in fact...it took racing slicks on the fastest/best handling of them to simply beat the STi's lap times.

Having owned all manner of Subaru's, including a WRX and STi, I can safely say....FROM EXPERIENCE...that the cost of an STi is WAY LESS than what it would take to make a WRX equal it in overall performance. I'd wage that the doubter who keeps posting here doesn't have that experience to speak from......only a deep, unbending envy.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Good choice in cars. The RX8 is a unique good looking vehicle, but for power (and handling IMHO..regardless of what all the mags say) the STi is where it's at in comparison.

As far as the "discussion" about building a WRX to equal an STi, all of those in the know understand that it takes a lot more than just the engine builds to make it happen...so don't sweat it if some choose to remain in denial. Not worth the effort, although I've been know to wade in a time or two so I can understand where everyone is coming from.

I still remember when the STi first came out and a mag did a shootout of 3 built WRX's against a stock STi in overall performance. If I remember correctly, they all had some outrageous amount of money sunk into them....and still couldn't pull out an overall win..and in fact...it took racing slicks on the fastest/best handling of them to simply beat the STi's lap times.

Having owned all manner of Subaru's, including a WRX and STi, I can safely say....FROM EXPERIENCE...that the cost of an STi is WAY LESS than what it would take to make a WRX equal it in overall performance. I'd wage that the doubter who keeps posting here doesn't have that experience to speak from......only a deep, unbending envy.

I wish I had that experience dammit.. anyone want to let me borrow their STi for a day or two??
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

great post ybnormal7

timber, if you lived near me i'd let you drive it and in a 10 minute quick drive you'd fall in love with the torque. Low end torque/gearing is so nice that 45mph roll with my brother in 2nd gear and me in 4th (my brother has 05 wrx with downpipe and 3inch piping to stock catback) he jumps a bit than i pull on him like no 2morrow.

edit: i just remembered im stage 2, i forgot about that haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    great post ybnormal7

timber, if you lived near me i'd let you drive it and in a 10 minute quick drive you'd fall in love with the torque. Low end torque/gearing is so nice that 45mph roll with my brother in 2nd gear and me in 4th (my brother has 05 wrx with downpipe and 3inch piping to stock catback) he jumps a bit than i pull on him like no 2morrow.

edit: i just remembered im stage 2, i forgot about that haha.
    Damn dude that's awful cool of you to make that offer, I appreciate that. .
    (Stage II must be farkin incredible w/ an STi )
    Last edited by timber; 08-19-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Damn dude that's awful cool of you to make that offer, I appreciate that. .
    (Stage II must be farkin incredible w/ an STi )
    It is...with my snows on...it would break all 4 loose in second and the rear would start to come out. I miss that much power in many ways. The stage 2 Leg is fast..make no mistake, but it just doesn't have the "hit factor" that the STi does....it's like a punch to the lungs (STi) vs a slight ticke to the nads (Legacy)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    It is...with my snows on...it would break all 4 loose in second and the rear would start to come out. I miss that much power in many ways. The stage 2 Leg is fast..make no mistake, but it just doesn't have the "hit factor" that the STi does....it's like a punch to the lungs (STi) vs a slight ticke to the nads (Legacy)
    Yeah, but the Legacy sure is a classy car, and there ain't nuthin wrong with a slight tickling of the 'nads
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast