traded in the rx8 for the sti - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on traded in the rx8 for the sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a tough decision between the 350z and the WRX, I wasnt too interested in the STi for some ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a tough decision between the 350z and the WRX, I wasnt too interested in the STi for some reason, but I made the WRX my choice and I love the car!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice choice, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    used UTEC = $500
    used uppipe/downpipe/cat-back = $600
    used deadbolt zilla 18G = $700
    used injectors = $150
    fuel pump = $100

total = $2050 for about 330 WHP on pump.

so lets see. I got my 05 WRX brand new for $22,450.

22,450 + 2,050 = $24,500 for 330 WHP

stock STi = $ 33,000 for 230 WHP.

- I saved $8,500 and I got 100 WHP more.

To be on the extra safe side, use a set of RA gears for another $1,000 , or PPG gears for like $1,500, which are pretty much unbreakable.

In conclusion, my WRX > your STi

That's all true except for the last sentence, which is subjective.

What you don't have on your WRX:
    6 speed transmission
    Brembo brakes all around
    17-in BBS
    Better suspension
    Extra 0.5 liter
    Driver controlled diff
    Factory warranty

Back on topic. Welcome to the club, and congrats on your ride.
    Last edited by burgerboy; 07-12-2005 at 04:28 AM.
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

Oh

Don't forget a bigger tmic with sprayer, and the hot interior. Now add up the cost to do the brembos on the wrx with the tires and wheels. You will soon go pass the costs vs benefits factor. Also compare the 330 to 300 since thats flywheel, not 330 vs 230.
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 07-12-2005 at 08:35 AM.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

used UTEC = $500
    used injectors = $150
    fuel pump = $100

To be on the extra safe side, use a set of RA gears for another $1,000 , or PPG gears for like $1,500, which are pretty much unbreakable.

I got my STi for 31,000

Also, faster doesnt mean better. Besides if that were true, I could get a few Honda/DSM people I know who could say that their car > your WRX under your logic.

AND i'm not stock so saying that your WRX > my STi just doesnt figure out.
    Eat At Wendy's

www.SC-Power.com

used UTEC = $500
    used injectors = $150
    fuel pump = $100

You could easily put together a car for < $10k total investment that would make your WRX seem like a Yugo speed and horsepower wise. Big deal.

An STi still has (as somebody already pointed out) quite a few features your 'STi beater' lacks.

And PPG gears 'unbreakable'? Guess the people getting STi trannies just wasted their money...

I Support ClubWRX
    Back on topic.. welcome to the club.. lots of great folks here. That must have been a very tough decision.. the Rx-8 is a beautiful car, but I'm glad you made the right one.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

WRX=more parts to choose from/turbo under warranty and could blow tranny if crazy enough
    RX8=less parts to choose from/turbo not under warranty (aftermarket! obviously no factory turbo) and threatens to blow tranny easier with aftermarket turbo!
    RX7=

i always hear rumors that they are bringing back the RX7. they made the RX8 to generate hype for the RX7. i would still chose an STi over it! rotary cars are alot of work. i am happy i dont have to do half the things that i used to do with it.
    for instance:

1. must let car warm up if sitting still for a long time; if u dont warm up properly, the engine runs like total crap for a while! (yes we all do warm up our cars but this one takes the bait! it will let u know if u didnt warm up enough!)
    2. cant move the car 2ft and shut it down, gotta let it idle for at least a minute before you shut down (flood the engine)
    3. AT's have no power! 6spd's are where all the fun is at!
    4. factory ECU practically has a lock on it, u would need to input the password to unlock it (LOL! i am being scarcastic!)
    5. difficult to see out the rear window sometimes!
    6. if u didnt get your ECU flashed to the latest updates, u are prone to flooding!

mazda created a special DVD for RX8 owners because they got tired of answering the same questions over and over. the DVD taught them how to drive and start their car and how to take care of it.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
    Don't forget a bigger tmic with sprayer, and the hot interior. Now add up the cost to do the brembos on the wrx with the tires and wheels. You will soon go pass the costs vs benefits factor. Also compare the 330 to 300 since thats flywheel, not 330 vs 230.
    I'm talking about wheel HP... Not flywheel....

hot interior?????.... ... that's the funniest thing I have heard all day.... more like "boy racer" interior.... I would take the 05 interior over the STi interior any day.

Oh yeah... I forgot to include my txs TMIC... which I got for $100 bucks from a friend.
    Last edited by wrxaddicted; 07-13-2005 at 02:49 PM.

used UTEC = $500
    used injectors = $150
    fuel pump = $100

lol this topic again? Didn't we go over this in another thread? Like somebody else said, by your logic, faster doesn't necessarily mean better. I could buy a brand new srt-4 for around $21k, put the same amount of "used" mods you have on your car, and smoke you easily.

By your logic, if I did that, my srt-4 > your wrx.

Simple fact is you will end up spending more money to get it close to sti power specs and handling specs. Plain and simple, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    lol this topic again? Didn't we go over this in another thread? Like somebody else said, by your logic, faster doesn't necessarily mean better. I could buy a brand new srt-4 for around $21k, put the same amount of "used" mods you have on your car, and smoke you easily.

By your logic, if I did that, my srt-4 > your wrx.

Simple fact is you will end up spending more money to get it close to sti power specs and handling specs. Plain and simple, end of story.
    more like I spent less for a more powerful car and a better handling car. end of story.

Also, I don't have the lame "boy racer blue" interior.

Ike
    Welcome and grats on the STi. The RX-8 is a great car and handles wonderfully, but if you're a bit of a power freak it's just not a good choice

more like I spent less for a more powerful car and a better handling car. end of story.

dude, you're hopeless. It's like beating a dead horse. Like I said before, not everybody wants used parts that are sold off of ebay or from strangers on the forums. And even if they did, they aren't gonna find cheap deals for EVERY part, like your $100 txs tmic. On top of that, you'll have to scour every wrx forum for used parts, some of which you'll most likely miss a certain part and have to wait for somebody to sell. That could take days, weeks, or months.

If the total amount you spent on your car + mods equals to less than the price of an sti, and you get the same or better performance, then mad props to you.

But the average person who wants to make their wrx as fast as an sti in power, handling, and reliability will usually end up spending more than the price of an sti. If you can't understand that, then there really is no point in arguing with you anymore.

congrats i got my new sti a week ago.

on the wrx ->sti topic thats soo cool man you have the best car ever...but you lack so much the sti has...your logic makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GasNutz
    congrats i got my new sti a week ago.

on the wrx ->sti topic thats soo cool man you have the best car ever...but you lack so much the sti has...your logic makes no sense.
    it makes sense as far as building the car how you want it, but cheaper . . good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast