talk me into it...

This is a discussion on talk me into it... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey hey ya'll, talk me into a suby haha. I've had a jeep wrangler for the past 5 years through ...

Registered User LostInPeriphery's Avatar

talk me into it...

hey hey ya'll, talk me into a suby haha. I've had a jeep wrangler for the past 5 years through college, and now that I'm all graditated, I'm thinking about getting something a little more, uh, road friendly. I've always loved the wrx's and their rally spirit, and took one for a test drove the other week. wow. when you're used to driving a 190hp motor ontop of 32" studded chunks of rubber, well, the wrx felt like greased lightning. I'm sold. thing is, I love my little jeepjeep! I get all excited about getting a new suby, but all mellow when i think about selling the jeep. (yes i need to sell it to afford a new car).

ah, talk some sense into me. I've been figuring lately that while the jeep was an awesome college car, it sure is hot, loud, and thirsty. about like driving a covered wagon at 60 miles an hour. makes those 3 hour trips to see my girlfriend who's still at school a bit uncomfortable, and kinda sweaty drive on the way to work. And honestly I haven't even taking the thing into much mud lately which is what the thing is for, isn't it?

the wrx on the other hand, much more fun on the blacktop, but is still quite at home in the unpaved terrain. sure gets better than 15mpg, AC would be welcome (jeep has it, but the engine has a hard enough time), I can actually hear music over the road noise, ooooh and cruise control, wow.

and honestly, man i love feel of a nimble vehicle. drove a 280zx for a couple years in high school, and have missed the nimble handling in curves ever since...

well, theres my intro :-p haha.... reckon I'm just thinking outloud. the more i think about it, the more it makes sense to get a subie :-p I've been eyeing a couple of wr blue ones on some NC lots

jeep/ z pics
    [IMG]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/m****son/4%20wheeling%20pics/jeep280zx.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by LostInPeriphery; 07-06-2005 at 02:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Gas mileage and the fact that it's fun to drive would of sold me.

hahaha you should just reread everything you wrote that should convince you, but yea I didn't really like subies to start with but after driving my friend aound a few time you grow to love them. Yea jeeps are nice I want one, but I'm actually considering another subie instead of a jeep, AWD plus if u put on adjustable spring you can kinda have a lift and take it off jumps now that fun, anyways it sounds like u want to subie but just want someone to say get it, so here it is get the subie you'll love it

Quick - WRX 227HP > 190 HP
    Handling- WRX
    Comfort- WRX
    Reliability- WRX
    Lower Depreciation- WRX
    Snow/Harsh Weather- WRX and Jeep
    Space- Not sure?
    Off Roading- Jeep

There Welcome! Use the search button and read the stickies for more info!

haha, yeah guys, i guess i just needed someone to tell me i mean, if i was leaning more on keeping the jeep, i'd have posted the same question on jeepsunlimited.com wouldn't I hahaha.

I've been looking through old posts on here, and man these things sound great. already got me started thinking about an uppipe install and i don't even have the car yet... dangit... it is funny though, on the jeep forums, the majority of posts are "____ broke, need help fixing it" or "why isn't ____ working?" I'm not sure I've seen a single post like that on here... tells you something about the car!

I also find it funny that the wrx would probably do better than the jeep in ice/low snow, as it has full awd, while my jeep's 4x4 has no limited slip, essentially only sending power to 2 wheels at a time.... still though, it wouldn't stop it from crawling up a wall :-D

I'm also happy that a jeep is nearly unbeatable as far as holding its value! that'll probably be 13k on a wrx downpayment!

Sounds like you are convinced. And, on the plus side, no more climbing UP into your vehicle.

I'm 6'3, climbing up definitely hasn't been an issue

Sweet rig! My bro has a lifted grand cherokee with mud terrains. Not that much fun to drive but it looks mean.

Get interested in Motorsport. At which point your view of the WRX (or STi) will be elevated from beyond 'transport' to 'precision driving enjoyment instrument'.

Then the Jeep (while a fun thing...) won't look so appealing.

if you want a "nimble little car", the WRX is not what you're looking for, but it sounds to me that the WRX is exactly what youre looking for. While it handles good enough, its no S2000 or miata in that department, but it was the versatility that sold me. Oh and the turbo of course
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

haha, man compared to the jeep, the wrx is definitely nimble, quick, jumping over candlesticks and everything.

what really appeals to me is the awd and turbo combination. and its just got that bit of "offroad mentality" that i love about jeeps so much. i guess the wrx is kinda like the jeep of sedans, in my mind....

...i will miss those times... "crud there's a tree in the driveway... fwump fwump... i'll move it later..." but how often does that really happen?