So I'm wondering, what car?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So I'm wondering, what car? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm pretty new to Subaru's, but I think I'm quickly falling in love with the WRX. I have always wanted ...

So I'm wondering, what car?

I'm pretty new to Subaru's, but I think I'm quickly falling in love with the WRX. I have always wanted a fast car, and I love the 4 doors, styling, and AWD aspects of these cars. I have been looking at some cars, and I really like the STI. I'm not crazy about the interior of the '04, but I think the '05 looks pretty nice. I've always wanted a 12.5ish car, but the more I learn and read about the WRX, the less important that is, but would still be really nice.

So I'm wondering, do I get a WRX and spend money on modifications to make it STIish, or do I get an '04 STI and change the center console to look like the '05 (is that possible?), or do I just wait for my chance to get an '05. I would love to have a brand new car, but the money is near the end of my reach, and I'm a bit afraid of a brand new car after I bought my wife a brand new '02 Maxima that got keyed a month after we got it! (not to mention the half dozen annoying door dings over the first few months)

Anyone have suggestions about what way to go? Can you get an STI with a WRX wing?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Buyers Remorse is the worst... get the 05 WRX. If you (later) want the STi wing, I am pretty sure you can order it from someplace, (or many places). You spend almost all your time with a car on the inside, so make sure the inside is the inside you want...

As far as door dings and keying... be careful where you park.. and when you go out, take you wives car... it's already scratched...

Welcome! You can get what ever wings you want on any of them, people want to trade all the time. Buy a car you can make the insurance payment on as well as the payment, and leave money for mods!!!! You will want to mod, and it is expensive!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

If you have the money for a car, get the '05 STI. Getting the WRX just isn't the same feeling as the STI. The WRX isn't a bad car though, its up to you. I have test drove the WRX in the past and I feel that if speed, power, and value is an important factor to your decision making, go for the top model. You won't regret. I promise.

-WRXSTiGirl
    2005 WRB STi
    Sparco Harness Bar
    Sparco 5-pt Harness with Camlock
    Sparco Camera Mount
    Sparco Extinguisher Mount
    STI FHI Titanium Front Strut Bar
    STI V-limited Front Lip
    Clear Headlights
    Turbo XS RFL-Ti Turbo Back with Titanium Tip

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.